Premier League relegation battle 2022/3

useless

47 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Bournemouth will go down with Everton and Southampton. Can't see anyone else in it really. West Ham will be near mid table by May, as will Wolves. 

keep an eye on palace. been very poor of late, fans starting to turn on vieira, and a tough run of games coming up

56 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Still think Southampton will go down along with bournmouth who i think will finish bottom.

Everton look in trouble to me. I think its between them and forest for last spit

Forest? They’re currently 13th, 5 points clear of the relegation zone. I don’t see all of those teams below them catching up.

Palace could potentially get dragged into it, their next ten fixtures are:

Chelsea (a), Man Utd (h), Newcastle (h), Man Utd (a), Brighton (h), Brentford (a), Liverpool (h), Aston Villa (a), Man City (h), Arsenal (a)

Even what might be considered easier fixtures in that run look like they could be difficult games.

1 hour ago, AXD said:

Forest? They’re currently 13th, 5 points clear of the relegation zone. I don’t see all of those teams below them catching up.

Could say the same with Bournemouth.  Forest are by no means iut of it yet but hopefully they stay up. 

• Like 1

Brentford not a bad team, but today should have been a good opportunity for Leeds to get a win, that they didn't means it's now two just wins in sixteen in the league for them now, and next three games Forest away and then back-to-back games against Man Utd.

Wolves not out of it yet, most teams will lose to Man City, but they desperately need to sort their goal scoring problems out.

Edited by useless

I think Leeds will survive, as bad as their win record I expect something to click soon, saying that they are the closest to the worst three for me.

Everton are doomed unless they can appoint someone who can United the club.

Southampton can't score or defend so they're going down for me too.

Then I think probably Bournemouth. Who may end up finishing rock bottom. 

No way are Wolves or West Ham going down. Forest have enough in them too, but could get dragged back in if Everton improve. Leicester will pickup when they sack Rodgers, again too much quality.

• Like 2

Wolves might not ultimately go down, but not sure why people are acting like it's unthinkable, they've taken just thirty-four points from their last thirty-seven games, if they lose next game to Liverpool that will be thirty-four points from a season's worth of games, that's actually worse than Everton's form over their last thirty-eight games, they scored just twelve goals in twenty this season, we scored more than that after twenty games the season we were relegated.

West Ham, Wolves, Leeds, and Everton's form over the last year or so has been much of a muchness.

Everton probably being written off too early as well, we get this every season, it will be insisted that such and such club is doomed and they suddenly start winning games that they're not expected too, can look at their fixtures and wonder where the points will come from but can do the same to the other teams near the bottom of the table, they're all down there for a reason, not saying i think Everton will survive, but too early to write any team off at the moment.

All that said I think three most likely to at the moment seem to be the current bottom three, but at the same time I would't rule out any of them suriving, or any of the teams above them getting relegated.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

Wolves might not ultimately go down, but not sure why people are acting like it's unthinkable, they've taken just thirty-four points from their last thirty-seven games, if they lose next game to Liverpool that will be thirty-four points from a season's worth of games, that's actually worse than Everton's form over their last thirty-eight games, they scored just twelve goals in twenty this season, we scored more than that after twenty games the season we were relegated.

That's an incredible stat when you consider that we went down with one of the worst ever points tallies 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

I think Leeds will survive, as bad as their win record I expect something to click soon, saying that they are the closest to the worst three for me.

Everton are doomed unless they can appoint someone who can United the club.

Southampton can't score or defend so they're going down for me too.

Then I think probably Bournemouth. Who may end up finishing rock bottom. 

No way are Wolves or West Ham going down. Forest have enough in them too, but could get dragged back in if Everton improve. Leicester will pickup when they sack Rodgers, again too much quality.

Seems perceptive to me, but I feel less confidence about Wolves. Leeds are desperate to win. Sometimes, you can almost will yourselves out of relegation, and I think Leeds won’t let it happen. Same in a different way with Forest. 

Difference with Wolves is that their defence has been has been very good, at least before today, but many teams will concede goals to City. They need to find a way of scoring though.

Edited by useless

My good mate is saddled with the misfortune of being a Manure supporter, but I like to see him happy … yet I lived for several years near Highbury and have a bit of a soft spot — and revulsion, too — for Arsenal supporters. Hmmm. From a Villa perspective, a draw or United win are marginally better as it sets the table points ceiling a little bit lower?

Edited by Marka Ragnos

54 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

My good mate is saddled with the misfortune of being a Manure supporter, but I like to see him happy … yet I lived for several years near Highbury and have a bit of a soft spot — and revulsion, too — for Arsenal supporters. Hmmm. From a Villa perspective, a draw or United win are marginally better as it sets the table points ceiling a little bit lower?

Trying to work out how Arsenal v Man United result affects Villa?

What does table points ceiling mean?