Premier League relegation battle 2022/3

useless

37 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That's what happens when people who get paid to talk about football don't actually watch football

SkyScumSport.

Talking bollocks since 1992.

59 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Why the hell have forest signed andre ayew? Signed him 5 years too late

The-Sopranos-Melfi.jpg?fit=1200,675

'I couldn't get enough of it to begin with . . . it's the thrill, you know, shouting down the phone, calling up the bank, getting them in the shirt and on the pitch. You can't beat it. Trouble is, after a while, each new hit gives a weaker high. It becomes . . . I dunno . . . routine or something. Then I had a massive session, totally out of control, ended up signing Andre Ayew on a free after Deadline Day. Can you imagine. I guess I just wanted to *feel* something. That's when the lads said, 'enough's enough, time for an intervention'. So that's why I'm here today.'

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

We’ve got 17 games left. In his 12 games this season, Gerrard got something like 9 points.

If we were as bad as some pundits think we could be, and we ended up replicating that form under Emery, we’d still be on 37 points with 5 games to go.

There are a lot of teams down there fighting to get points. It could actually be quite a low points tally for survival this season.

40 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

We’ve got 17 games left. In his 12 games this season, Gerrard got something like 9 points.

If we were as bad as some pundits think we could be, and we ended up replicating that form under Emery, we’d still be on 37 points with 5 games to go.

There are a lot of teams down there fighting to get points. It could actually be quite a low points tally for survival this season.

It's not just the number of points, it's the number of teams below us as well. You need a lot of things to happen: Palace to get 5 more points than us over the remainder of the season; Forest 5 points also ;Leicester 8 points; Wolves 9 points; West Ham 10 points; Leeds 11 points; Everton 11 points also; Bournemouth 12 points and/or Southampton 14 points. All but two of those would need to happen for us to be relegated. It seems exceptionally unlikely, though i suppose it isn't literally impossible. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

Just a point per game return from this point will get us to 45 points. Last season we were safe from early March on similar trajectory. 

Get a draw at Everton and beat Palace and Bournemouth at home and that will be enough even if not mathematically. 

16 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Just a point per game return from this point will get us to 45 points. Last season we were safe from early March on similar trajectory. 

Get a draw at Everton and beat Palace and Bournemouth at home and that will be enough even if not mathematically. 

I don't think we will get dragged into relegation as we almost have enough points on the board already. Despite the defeat on Saturday, we are still in relatively good form and have a good few winnable games left still.

That said, it will bemost likely 3 losses on the spin by the time we take on Palace so we will need to win that one.

Still think we will finish where we are now in 11th.

Bournemouth and Southampton are definitely going down and I think it'll be Leeds they drop with.

On 06/02/2023 at 13:53, It's Your Round said:

Manchester City enters the chat…

We wish, a 40pt deduction would be sensational. 

They'd still stay up. In fact, I reckon they would stay up if they were on 0 points. 17 games to go to get 35ish points wouldn't be a problem for them.

Looking like Leeds will be the team to drop with Bournemouth and Southampton.