Premier League relegation battle 2022/3

useless

51 minutes ago, BOF said:

I can't remember a closer relegation battle. There's no-one cut adrift. No-one definitely gone. No 'Norwich' this season. There's a case for everyone staying up and everyone going down amongst the candidates. It could come down to unfortunate injuries. It could also be a record total (high or low) to stay up. Barmy season. One thing's for sure. Everyone who goes down will be over-powered in the Championship, even moreso than normal.

It is indeed extremely tight.

The way I see it there are four groups:

Will probably go down: Southampton, Bournemouth

Good chance of going down but could also easily stay up: Everton, Wolves, Leeds, Forest

More likely than not to stay up, but relegation a real possibility: Leicester, West Ham

Will probably be fine but you never know: Palace

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BOF said:

I can't remember a closer relegation battle. There's no-one cut adrift. No-one definitely gone. No 'Norwich' this season. There's a case for everyone staying up and everyone going down amongst the candidates. It could come down to unfortunate injuries. It could also be a record total (high or low) to stay up. Barmy season. One thing's for sure. Everyone who goes down will be over-powered in the Championship, even moreso than normal.

Yea i think whoever goes down probably 2 of the 3 will guaranteed come up.

Look at Burnley this year. Even if everton were to go down i think they would walk away with title next season

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yea i think whoever goes down probably 2 of the 3 will guaranteed come up.

Look at Burnley this year. Even if everton were to go down i think they would walk away with title next season

Unless their ego destroys them.

3 hours ago, BOF said:

i really think all 3 places are going to the final day. minimum 2 anyway. going to be very exciting...as long as we're not part of it anyway

Interesting relagation battle this. Usually at least one or two teams are reliably terrible but this season, no team is that bad really which means some decent sides will go down.

Bournemouth could be the worst but they made a couple of promising signings in January. Saints are poor but still not that bad.

Don’t think Wolves, West Ham, Leicester or Everton will go down.

51 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Interesting relagation battle this. Usually at least one or two teams are reliably terrible but this season, no team is that bad really which means some decent sides will go down.

Bournemouth could be the worst but they made a couple of promising signings in January. Saints are poor but still not that bad.

45 minutes ago, ender4 said:

So Southampton Forest and Bournemouth then?

41 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Yeah feel most likely. There are usually some surprises in the second half of the season though, one or two teams could lose form completely while some other really gets going.

Let’s not forget our chums at Elland Road, be a shame for them to miss out on all the fun.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Palace are the team to watch out for in the relegation battle

Palace are in a funny place, they racked up a lot of points quickly but have not won for a long while. However usually bad form (that's that bad) ends so they should start picking up wins again. They only need about another 12 points to be safe and can see them getting them.

7 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Palace are in a funny place, they racked up a lot of points quickly but have not won for a long while. However usually bad form (that's that bad) ends so they should start picking up wins again. They only need about another 12 points to be safe and can see them getting them.

nest 6 games are Brighton, Brentford, Us, Liverpool, City and Arsenal. After that they have an easy run in on paper but against all the relegation sides

Could easily fall into the battle

2 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Who have Bournemouth signed to actually score goals? The goals have really dried up for them since the resumption and I don't see a reliable scorer in their options.

Southampton's a little difference, signed all these attackers and left them all on the bench with Che Adams still plodding away upfront on his own! And they still give away cheap goals so back to front I can't see them winning enough up to May.

Very good start for Dyche but will see what they're like in a few weeks and if that level today remains.

Think Marsch will be in huge trouble if they lose to Forest tomorrow. Have Man. United twice in next week and it was around this time last year they sacked Bielsa.

Just now, Zatman said:

nest 6 games are Brighton, Brentford, Us, Liverpool, City and Arsenal. After that they have an easy run in on paper but against all the relegation sides

They got draws v Man. United and Newcastle fairly recently so I don't see why they should write off Brighton or Brentford games. They could easily do a number on us at VP in similar manner to Leicester aswell.

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

They got draws v Man. United and Newcastle fairly recently so I don't see why they should write off Brighton or Brentford games. They could easily do a number on us at VP in similar manner to Leicester aswell.

Well Brighton is that weird derby match and Brentford away is as tough as can get in the league at the moment

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Well Brighton is that weird derby match and Brentford away is as tough as can get in the league at the moment

They mug Brighton constantly despite having 30% possession in most games, it's like watching us under Lambert. 😂 

Their problem is they just don't have a decent CF and also with Zaha out now they can't really stretch teams on counter as Eze and Olise are more players you get the ball to to see if they can beat a man from standing position and create something.

They'll win the games they need to and finish low 40s and really with what they spend that's about as good as it gets for them unless they have a takeover.

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

So they will obviously get the much-needed win against Aston Villa Benevolence Club. 

Thought I’d bump this as I’ve just heard a pundit on Soccer Saturday refer to us as “they’ve improved but they’re down there as well” whilst looking at Everton’s next few fixtures.

Are we still in a relegation battle?

Or is he just not paying attention?

14 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

Thought I’d bump this as I’ve just heard a pundit on Soccer Saturday refer to us as “they’ve improved but they’re down there as well” whilst looking at Everton’s next few fixtures.

Are we still in a relegation battle?

Or is he just not paying attention?

In that case, so are Liverpool.

Idiot.