Premier League relegation battle 2022/3

useless

19 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I think wolves and west ham will be fine.

Southampton and Bournemouth both to go down.

Last spots between forest everton  and Leeds for me

Think West Ham are still well in trouble - they’re a pretty nothing side.

• Like 1

Just now, bobzy said:

No chance will West Ham go down. The only question left is will it be Leeds or Everton who take the last place. (Southampton and Bournemouth already gone imo)

Maybe there's a chance Forest could have a horrendous run in and drop into it but as I say, I think it's gonna be Leeds or Everton and I'd go for Leeds.

2 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

No chance will West Ham go down. The only question left is will it be Leeds or Everton who take the last place. (Southampton and Bournemouth already gone imo)

Maybe there's a chance Forest could have a horrendous run in and drop into it but as I say, I think it's gonna be Leeds or Everton and I'd go for Leeds.

Leeds are playing far better than West Ham - just aren’t getting the results (which is obviously important).

8 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Leeds are playing far better than West Ham - just aren’t getting the results (which is obviously important).

I just feel West Ham will hit some good form. You don't become awful overnight, they've just had a bad season. They'll be fine I think. Leeds however, only just stayed up last season and I think they'll struggle to get enough points this time.

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

Got a very hard run in. Spurs away next weekend and still got to play all of Arsenal, Liverpool, Man. United and Newcastle in home games. Surely we won't keep losing to them aswell?

Going to need some away wins with the fixtures they have left.

6 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Palace is the team heading down with them. Got an absolute blessed equaliser yesterday but in bad form

24 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Palace is the team heading down with them. Got an absolute blessed equaliser yesterday but in bad form

Our game against them is going to be a big one for both sides I reckon. It may well be our next good chance of a win on current form, now that Everton have the new manager bounce and we have the runaway leaders next. 

Edited by GlobalVillan

58 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Our game against them is going to be a big one for both sides I reckon. It may well be our next good chance of a win on current form, now that Everton have the new manager bounce and we have the runaway leaders next. 

The 'runaway leaders' we play next may very well be in 2nd by the time that game kicks off. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

The 'runaway leaders' we play next may very well be in 2nd by the time that game kicks off. 

True, but they've been top all season and IF they were to lose at home to the cheats on Wednesday, they would be behind on goal difference and with a game in hand.

If they beat them then they are 6 points clear with a game in hand.

Anyway my point is, we have a very difficult match against a side who are flying this season followed by an Everton team with a new manager. So the Palace game may become very important to get the confidence flowing again.

Edited by GlobalVillan

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

their last 5 home games are leicester, everton, west ham, bournemouth and forest

they've also got aways vs leeds, southampton and wolves in the middle of that too. 4 wins from those 8 and they'll be fine

I originally said Southampton, Bournemouth and Everton.

Not feeling confident about that guess this evening.

I do think one of Southampton and Bournemouth will go, but it’s too close say which I think is more likely. 

I now think Leeds are much more likely to drop instead of Everton.

And while I think they’ll be safe, that home defeat to Bournemouth today is a bit of a shocker for Wolves. Fulham (a), Liverpool (a), Spurs (h) and Newcastle (a) are not four fixtures I would choose to play next to try and make up for it. After those they face Leeds which might well prove to be a massive game if they struggle with that run.

West Ham are currently in the bottom three. But I just think they’ll survive. I almost forget they’re in the mix.

• 2 weeks later...

My PL channel was flicking between both games in 15 min spells

Both teams losing, neither look like scoring but wolves have got loads more about them than Everton

Edit - Craig Dawson also looks a better signing than coady and tarkowski

Edited by villa4europe

its a really tough one to call this season, there are quite a few teams who "could" go down, but realistically you would expect some of those are just too strong to actually go down.

Seems Southampton & Bournemouth are almost certain to go down i think.

The final spot is prob going to be Everton, Leeds or Forest (Forest only based on their squad - but their form has been decent recently).

I really just cant see West Ham, Wolves or Leicester going down, their squads are just too good (you would think).