Jhon Durán

PieFacE

6 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Can say the same thing about Keinan Davis.

Just like Davis he will need to be able to score goals if he's gonna make it.

He’s got loads more class than Davis. His goals will come.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I expect we'll see a few more of this type of signing too.

We either get them in early for £15-20m and see if we can develop them, or let someone else do it and then pay £40-60m for them.

Right, when we don’t sign these guys we moan that we need to be more like Brentford or Brighton. Can’t win, we are such stereotypical moaning Brummies. Which reminds me, the missus is calling 😂

• Haha 1

He made a brilliant pass in his few minutes last week. He's obviously raw and will likely be loaned out, but this time with the first team will put him in good stead. He'll have been getting valuable mentoring from some of our model pros and tutoring from Emery and co. He'll do well in the Championship and I can't wait to see it. 

On 05/05/2023 at 14:28, Spoony said:

No criticism of him but this just remains a bit of a random signing for me. For quite a significant outlay I’m not sure where he fits in and it isn’t obviously to me (yet) why he commanded such a high fee. 

Because he's Colombian Gold. 

On 05/05/2023 at 14:47, gwi1890 said:

Really doesn’t work that way you know, it’s not “you sign this guy and I sign the other” it’s a thought out process yes Lange and the scouts at Villa may present targets , some agents may offer players to the club, Unai wil also have knowledge of players but the end process is a case of people coming together and deciding collectively. We as fans really need to cut this Lange signing Managers signing crap out.

this.gif

• Like 1

23 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

He’s absolutely rapid

I'm not sure about that. 

Was a moment he was put through the middle yesterday. I was absolutely certain he'd bear down on goal and get a shot away and was surprised how easily the defender caught him. 

I turned to the lad and said "he's not very quick is he?" 

• Like 1

On 14/05/2023 at 00:18, Adam2003 said:

Right, when we don’t sign these guys we moan that we need to be more like Brentford or Brighton. Can’t win, we are such stereotypical moaning Brummies. Which reminds me, the missus is calling 😂

Tbf that's not really a fair comparison. Brentford and Brighton tend to sign players that are ready to slot right in and they do it impressively. 

Duran is nowhere near ready for the PL and I fully expect him to go on loan for a season or 2.

1 minute ago, GlobalVillan said:

Tbf that's not really a fair comparison. Brentford and Brighton tend to sign players that are ready to slot right in and they do it impressively. 

Duran is nowhere near ready for the PL and I fully expect him to go on loan for a season or 2.

Encisio, Collwill, Ferguson and Buonanotte were all introduced to first football in a similar manner to Duran the difference is they were signed beginning of the season.

2 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Encisio, Collwill, Ferguson and Buonanotte were all introduced to first football in a similar manner to Duran the difference is they were signed beginning of the season.

Theu were signed to play in the first team. I think Duran is only even on the bench because we literally have nobody else.

He was bought for the future and will go out on loan soon enough.

6 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

I don’t think that’s true. I think they sign them, low profile so we don’t notice, then a year later they come out of nowhere after adapting. Brighton signed Mitoma for example two years ago - he did a year on loan and half a year being eased in before exploding. And he’s 25.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

I don’t think that’s true. I think they sign them, low profile so we don’t notice, then a year later they come out of nowhere after adapting. Brighton signed Mitoma for example two years ago - he did a year on loan and half a year being eased in before exploding. And he’s 25.

Fair enough. But generally speaking, both of those clubs have done a great job at buying at low cost and integrating quality players. I think Duran is miles away from being ready for the PL tho.

18 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Fair enough. But generally speaking, both of those clubs have done a great job at buying at low cost and integrating quality players. I think Duran is miles away from being ready for the PL tho.

He might well be. But if in 12-18 months he’s ready, after some time training with us, a loan, minutes here and there, we have done exactly what we cry out for when we see Brighton etc do it. That’s my point. We can’t be jealous of how they do it AND want instant performers. (Or we can, but those need to be different players).

• Like 1

He is obviously still raw and work in progress, but looks to be strong and reasonably quick with potential. I have two concerns that come to mind after watching im live for the first time on Saturday. Firstly a small concern is that he needs to calm down in certain situations, he lunged in on one tackle on the half way line which was unnecessary, that should come with experience. The main concern for me was when he had an ideal opportunity to play Ollie clean through late on in the match on Saturday. If he had used his right foot to curl the pass around the only Spurs defender it was a simple enough pass, but he stretched and tried to use the outside of his left foot and hit it straight to the Spurs defender. It was not there to be passed like that, and he appears to be very one footed. Hopefully this was a rush to the head, and his use of his right foot can be improved.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Caicedo too, he went on loan too Belgium when he signed.

Duran needs a loan, either to the Championship or abroad, possibly to Vitoria or some other league like Belgium or Netherlands.

• Like 1

Â