Jhon Durán

PieFacE

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

That first tackle on him genuinely had me worried, looked rough.

As others have said he looks fast and strong.

One notable moment for me was from a corner or set piece, where he aggressively rose above everyone with a powerful head nod. ( I mean it was at air but you get the point )

I've been saying, before even seeing him play that I've got a good feeling about this one. 

Yeah, that was definately a good 'welcome to the Premier League'. 

• Like 2

im not going to pre-empt his level of success with us, however.....

It is nice to see a wide forward type who has genuine speed and physicality, someone who seems decent at holding the ball, laying off, going past players and having the physicality to brush defenders aside, or hold on to the ball, he looks a physical specimen.

I know Bailey has his pro's, but one of my annoyances is watching him blow over like a leaf and be unable to beat a man and physically retain the ball, Duran looks like the real modern, technical and physical type inside forward.

Obviously, time will tell how Duran develops, and whether he can/does develop in to a good player, fingers crossed hey.

• Like 1

He has a big frame to build on at just turned  19.  This next couple of years will see a big power increase as he fills out the frame. If he can grow technically at the same time then he is potentially a scarily good forward.  

Kind of rangy and long-legged speed reminds me a little of a young Bale. Maybe a bit overstated, as I think it's easy to forget just how good Bale was, but somehow the bursts of speed and dribbling skills along the touchline remind me. 

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 2

Ollie has 5 goals and 2 assists in his last 9 starts is a good return. Needs more from his partner up top on a consistent basis. Duran hopefully gets a chance to play with Watkins

Edited by CVByrne

Guy certainly has talent and the raw materials to be a success in this league.

Not sure we'll start him next weekend (McGinn far more likely) but I'd like to see him get a start in the March games as his profile will match some of the teams we're playing.

Really like this lad. Touch a lot better than it looked on the YouTube videos. And the tackle/interception that led to our goal was smart - he’s got those long Yaya Toure legs where their player didn’t realise he could stretch out and pick their pocket. 

Â