Jhon Durán

PieFacE

I don't know Duran Duran that well so all my song puns were gone before this thread had reached two full pages, but I guess he's Taylor made for us.

As always excited by a promising player signing for us. Hopefully he's worth the money. And also impressed by the way we go about our business. Rumours flying around about this and that player and bang! We've signed a player I hadn't heard anything about before. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Smith said he made suggestions about transfers but wasn't responsible. We moved to DOF model with NWSE. Why do people keep saying manager responsible for transfers

Surely no one would suggest that Lange or anyone else would sign a player without Emery's  full approval.

Would any manager go along with that?

4 minutes ago, Pelle said:

I don't know Duran Duran that well so all my song puns were gone before this thread had reached two full pages, but I guess he's Taylor made for us.

As always excited by a promising player signing for us. Hopefully he's worth the money. And also impressed by the way we go about our business. Rumours flying around about this and that player and bang! We've signed a player I hadn't heard anything about before. 

You don't? Well, is there something you should know? 😉 All I hope is that Duran Duran Scores Scores. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

I can’t see him going out on loan Unless he’s going back to Chicago Fire. He’ll need time to adjust to England . The best place for that is here. 

Yeah, I think Emery will want to keep him close, work with him every day, have him train with the squad and give him some substitute minutes. 

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

Surely no one would suggest that Lange or anyone else would sign a player without Emery's  full approval.

Would any manager go along with that?

Happens at other clubs. Barkley at Chelsea. Hasn't it been said some of our signings that Gerrard didn't want them?

58 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Hails from Columbia's second city, Medelin. Like JPA. Got a good feeling about this one.

I visited Colombia for work a few years ago, namely Bogotá and Medellin. I am enjoying how some people interpret it a huge coincidence JPA is from the same place. Medellin has a population twice the size of the greater Birmingham area combined.

That said, I want to take it as a good omen.

He definitely looks a great prospect at 19.

• Like 2

Be interesting to see how quickly he gets some game time but I won't be expecting too much from him too soon. He is only just 19 and two years younger than Cameron Archer and 6 months younger than Louie Barry.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

So glad we've 'Finally Got Together' with him 'In A Heartbeat'. He was 'Always There' for Colombia whenever I saw them play. 'There's Something Amazing' about him. And 'He Blows Me Away'.

Are any of those Duran Duran song titles/lyrics? I didn't have time to look any up, I just wanted to join in on the fun.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

If Brighton signed him, loads would be saying we should be making signings like this. 

If Chelsea signed him, we'd be saying he's off on loan to Turkey for the next 3 years ;)

Â