Jhon Durán

PieFacE

I think the transfer is the type we need to have in the mix. A balance of experienced pros that can fill in roles right away but also projects that we can develop and might flop or might blossom into something great. We've facilitated between both but the most successful clubs for longevity have a mix. Especially if we are going to remain solvent, a few of these projects have to work out.

As for Duran himself, will have to give the lad some time as he's young but under Unai's tutelage, I'm looking forward to some late season appearances.

23 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

For 19 he looks like a big fecker. Seems like he has somw good potential and can finish. My only concern with the video is the defending is absolutely abysmal like league two standard. 

You wont get that much timw on the ball over here as wes found out

And even then be managed to give the ball away a few times.

I don't know when that's from, and we all know that the pressure and lack of understanding playing for a national team, brings with it challenges that don't exist at club level.

Demonstrated his petulance a bit, and based on his cardsbfor Chicago, i think we will see him either wind up the opposition or likely get sent off himself. 

It's definitely lowered my expectations on him. But there a lot of caveats to that video so not concerned.

Assuming we have forced the u21 to release him it must surely mean we are expecting him to be involved?

Other (tin hat) theory could be that we him over here asap as we need to know from the exceptions panel if he'll get his visa ASAP, and perhaps target other signings if not. 

8 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

And even then be managed to give the ball away a few times.

I don't know when that's from, and we all know that the pressure and lack of understanding playing for a national team, brings with it challenges that don't exist at club level.

Demonstrated his petulance a bit, and based on his cardsbfor Chicago, i think we will see him either wind up the opposition or likely get sent off himself. 

It's definitely lowered my expectations on him. But there a lot of caveats to that video so not concerned.

Assuming we have forced the u21 to release him it must surely mean we are expecting him to be involved?

Other (tin hat) theory could be that we him over here asap as we need to know from the exceptions panel if he'll get his visa ASAP, and perhaps target other signings if not. 

It’s from September and it’s his debut for Colombia at the age of 18.  He must have been nervous as hell. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

A 1 in 4 striker in the MLS. Hmm. I won't be getting excited let's put it that way. It's Jordan Bowery, Simon Dawkins, Jean Makoun levels of meh...

Really needed a proven, quality striker. 

This isn't it.

Was thinking this, I just take it the scouts know more than we do. A couple of goals and a few goods runs in the MLS means f*** all in the Prem.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

A 1 in 4 striker in the MLS. Hmm. I won't be getting excited let's put it that way. It's Jordan Bowery, Simon Dawkins, Jean Makoun levels of meh...

Really needed a proven, quality striker. 

This isn't it.

19, and didnt really start appearing in the first team until July. Also, if you look at minutes played rather than just matches, and include assists it's actually quite favourable.

He's not meant to be the finished article, but he'll have plenty of time with us to get there.

Edited by MrBlack

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

19, and didnt really start appearing in the first team until July. Also, if you look at minutes played rather than just matches, and include assists it's actually quite favourable.

He's not meant to be the finished article, but he'll have plenty of time with us to get there.

The problem is, we are desperate for the finished article in order to get into the top half. Do you think the likes of Newcastle, Chelsea or Spurs will be buying such players? 

This signing worries me in so many ways. It just looks like we either have no money to compete, no desire to compete or that we are screwed with FFP. Whichever it is, it doesn't bode well.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Well, Newcastle signed an 18 year old Australian striker. So, yes?

Not for the first team they didnt. They aren't struggling for goals either and thats despite the fact they spent 60 million on Isak in the summer and he has been out injured.

He is exactly the kind of signing we needed to make. Not a punt on a kid from the MLS with a fairly poor goalscoring record.

Â