Match Thread: Villa v Leeds

limpid

Leeds look like they have midfield sorted. I thought our young midfielders would match them for energy but it seems not. They look mid 30s against them . Before the game started we knew that we had 2 truly class players and look at the 2 best players first half.Emi and Kamara. 

Quality move for our goal, Kamara is so composed, I loved that little touch to beat Leeds press towards the end too. Great save from Emi to keep us in it. But we’ve been riding our luck way too much. 

Time for Emery to change the pattern of the game. Buendia has been virtually anonymous and I’d take him off for Coutinho now. We’re getting closed down constantly and can’t keep the ball, this needs changing or we’ll lose this. 

To be honest I'd consider Sanson, Nakamba or bleeding Chambers in midfield at the moment, that was dire.

Goal aside, we've been poor, very lucky to be in front.

Kamara, Martinez, Young only 3 performing.

Moreno growing into it a little.

Midfield, Kamara aside anonymous.

Just now, Talldarkandransome said:

They've even made bringing subs on complicated

I know right I didn’t even know this rule. I just don’t think I know the rules anymore and I’m literally obsessed with football. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

An odd statement. Why would it be a curse when you’ve clearly pointed out it’s the players in the previous sentence.

Yea but you’d still think this lot could actually play for a bit, especially at home.  We look totally lost out there.