Mattéo Guendouzi

JayVTID

Is this the guy that Arteta got rid of because his attitude stank?

Also not 29. No deal.

Edited by jim
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Flinched? Nah. No more than what Buendia cost if we get him in the 30-35 range.

So Buendia’s fee is the scale….I’m not sure about that as the level.

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Arsenal let him go cheaply because Arteta was against him, 11m was never a fair valuation. Their fans seem angry about this now too.

Maybe, but he’s not worth up to 40m including add ons.  Arsenal sold cheap and we will be vastly overpaying.

Just now, nick76 said:

Maybe, but he’s not worth up to 40m including add ons.  Arsenal sold cheap and we will be vastly overpaying.

Arsenal sold cheap because they wanted rid, and I'd be shocked if they didn't have a huge sell on clause.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Younger and higher potential at the same price as Buendia? Doesn’t sound too bad.

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

Younger and higher potential at the same price as Buendia? Doesn’t sound too bad.

Buendia was almost the same age when we brought him.  Higher potential? That’s an opinion and forget Buendia for a second, I’m not convinced Guendouzi has a high potential but would love to be convinced.  I’m not a fan of this signing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Arsenal sold Emi for £20m and very nearly got rid of Saliba too before they finally gave him a go in the summer.

All clubs have that, we’ve got players we’ve sold cheap and gone onto better careers…most clubs have it.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

All clubs have that, we’ve got players we’ve sold cheap and gone onto better careers…most clubs have it.

Yup, and selling Guendouzi for £11m is another of theirs.

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Buendia was almost the same age when we brought him.  Higher potential? That’s an opinion and forget Buendia for a second, I’m not convinced Guendouzi has a high potential but would love to be convinced.  I’m not a fan of this signing.

Ummm excuse me. According to FIFA 23 it’s no an opinion, lol. Also, regardless of the age when we’re buying him he’s still 3 years younger than Buendia.

Doesn't he come with a bit of a shite attitude?

I'm personally at a point where the right mentality is the most important thing for a player these days.

He was part of Arsenal's decision to rid them self of the plague of dickheads they had

Just now, sne said:

Yup, and selling Guendouzi for £11m is another of theirs.

Will be if we buy for upwards of £40m but still up for debate if he’s good enough for the PL, only time will show that.  He could be like Buendia and not live up to what some thought beforehand.  (Using Buendia as an example as somebody else started with him because of similar price range.)

Just now, Rino8 said:

Doesn't he come with a bit of a shite attitude?

I'm personally at a point where the right mentality is the most important thing for a player these days.

He was part of Arsenal's decision to rid them self of the plague of dickheads they had

Yet they still have Ramsdale, Xhaka, Partey and of course the king bitch himself Mikel Arteta. All right rocket polishers.

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Ummm excuse me. According to FIFA 23 it’s no an opinion, lol. Also, regardless of the age when we’re buying him he’s still 3 years younger than Buendia.

2 years 4.5 months actually 😂😂😂

He could turn out the same way as struggling with first XI time and not fulfilling what was perceived potential.

Let’s just hope he’s a massive success if he does come.  That’s what we all want however we view him now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Such a s**** attitude he gets in the French squad.

Villa need a few players made of sterner stuff if you ask me, we are way too nice. Have been for too long.

Wrong type of attitude.  We need more aggressive with the opposition and not an idiot within his own dressing room.

As for the french squad, loads of idiots play for their national teams, can’t use that as a defence.  I just hope his attitude is better these days.

Just now, nick76 said:

Will be if we buy for upwards of £40m but still up for debate if he’s good enough for the PL, only time will show that.  He could be like Buendia and not live up to what some thought beforehand.  (Using Buendia as an example as somebody else started with him because of similar price range.)

Not so much about the fee for me. Guendouzi has been great for Marseille to the point that he's been in the France squad for all of 2021 and 2022 after he came back from his injury.

Not gonna claim I watch a ton of Marseille bit I have watched a fair bit in the last couple seasons which is why I was the one banging on about us signing Kamara for 2 years before we did. Just as why I wanted us to go for Saliba during the same period.

He was a bit annoying and immature when he played for Arsenal. Imo he has matured a lot since then.

• Thanks 1

Â