Mattéo Guendouzi

JayVTID

5 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Such a s**** attitude he gets in the French squad.

Villa need a few players made of sterner stuff if you ask me, we are way too nice. Have been for too long.

Emi can’t be the only shithouse here

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

2 years 4.5 months actually 😂😂😂

He could turn out the same way as struggling with first XI time and not fulfilling what was perceived potential.

Let’s just hope he’s a massive success if he does come.  That’s what we all want however we view him now.

Yep. Fingers crossed all the commentary about how he’s develop as a player and person since leaving Arsenal translate if this move does happen.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Yet they still have Ramsdale, Xhaka, Partey and of course the king bitch himself Mikel Arteta. All right rocket polishers.

Yeah you're not wrong but for whatever reason Guendouzi was deemed rotten to them.

Might be nothing, obviously but he comes with a reputation 

4 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

Yeah you're not wrong but for whatever reason Guendouzi was deemed rotten to them.

Might be nothing, obviously but he comes with a reputation 

Arsenal fans are well known for being some of the most entitled fans on the planet.  They hounded their most legendary manager out.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Wrong type of attitude.  We need more aggressive with the opposition and not an idiot within his own dressing room.

As for the french squad, loads of idiots play for their national teams, can’t use that as a defence.  I just hope his attitude is better these days.

He hasn't done that though, he was punished mainly for the Maupay incident and as he weren't Arteta's guy he banished him with no issue. Since then he hasn't been involved in any incident, he's pretty much the midfield version of Martinez with his antics on the field.

• Like 1

Watched a bit of Marseille this season and last due to my friend being a fan.

For me he comes across as energetic and the ideal box to box runner for Kamara's class and athleticism and Luiz guile. Altogether the 3 of them could be a very effective midfield combo with each complimenting the other.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Wrong type of attitude.  We need more aggressive with the opposition and not an idiot within his own dressing room.

As for the french squad, loads of idiots play for their national teams, can’t use that as a defence.  I just hope his attitude is better these days.

You misunderstand, the poster below said he had a supposedly s**** attitude. I was being ironic with my comment that he still gets into the French team.

25 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

Doesn't he come with a bit of a shite attitude?

I'm personally at a point where the right mentality is the most important thing for a player these days.

He was part of Arsenal's decision to rid them self of the plague of dickheads they had

18 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Emi can’t be the only shithouse here

Absolutely, we need another in midfield.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Watched a bit of Marseille this season and last due to my friend being a fan.

For me he comes across as energetic and the ideal box to box runner for Kamara's class and athleticism and Luiz guile. Altogether the 3 of them could be a very effective midfield combo with each complimenting the other.

Can see him mainly being used on the right, and upgrade on McGinn for sure.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, striker said:

I support both Villa and Everton

Edit: Deleted comment

I’ve watched Luiz a mountain of times. He has never impressed me. He is, imo, one of the most limited midfielders I’ve seen. I’d even rate McGinn ahead of him.

Fair enough but you seem very much in the minority of this feeling towards Luiz on this website.  Even Arsenal wanted him.

Villa will continue to flatter to deceive until both Luiz and McGinn are replaced with more effective players.

Ok I don’t agree, I think so many have seen the growing partnership between Kamara and Luiz, seems Emery does as well and the club (pre Emery granted) gave him a new big contract.  He isn’t going anywhere!

Edited by nick76
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

He's been one of the best players in Serie A this season, plays a huge part in Napoli's title chase.

I still think we should have gone in for him when Fulham went down. Baller.

1 hour ago, striker said:

I support both Villa and Everton.

I’ve watched Luiz a mountain of times. He has never impressed me. He is, imo, one of the most limited midfielders I’ve seen. I’d even rate McGinn ahead of him.

Villa will continue to flatter to deceive until both Luiz and McGinn are replaced with more effective players.

How has Douglas never impressed you? I'm genuinely intrigued. Because he doesn't go flying into tackles, beating men all over the place?

Â