Mattéo Guendouzi

JayVTID

Marseille have a big game against Monaco this week whilst Villa have nothing.  Surely any deal would be made on the understanding that he plays for Marseille this weekend, so I doubt we'd hear anything proper until next week.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Marseille have a big game against Monaco this week whilst Villa have nothing.  Surely any deal would be made on the understanding that he plays for Marseille this weekend, so I doubt we'd hear anything proper until next week.

be our luck he’s gets injured and we have to back out the deal.

5 scenarios.

1 Bid on the table Marseille waiting for other offers.

2 Their waiting for another player to sign to replace him.

3 Hes waiting for other offers to come in.

4 We're not in for him.

5 Marseille don't want to sell him.

My guess is it's option 1 or 2. 

19 minutes ago, tinker said:

5 scenarios.

4 We're not in for him.

If there is genuine interest then we will see this move quickly once OM sign Moffi. 

14 minutes ago, tinker said:

5 scenarios.

4 We're not in for him.

I think this is one for the summer he's enjoying a good season at 23 years old sitting 3rd in the Ligue 1 table with a chance (albeit slight) of pushing PSG for the league title, I reckon he would come back to the PL in a heartbeat just not right now. 

5 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

I think this is one for the summer he's enjoying a good season at 23 years old sitting 3rd in the Ligue 1 table with a chance (albeit slight) of pushing PSG for the league title, I reckon he would come back to the PL in a heartbeat just not right now. 

I think if it goes to the summer, we'll be interested in a different player by then.  How often do you see clubs interested in one window and then also interested in the next window.  It obviously does happen but more times that clubs move to other targets if doesnt happen at the time it becomes mroe public.  I think it either happens now or not at all.  I'm trying to think of a player we were really interested in that we were really also interested in the following transfer window.......

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Marseille don't have £35m or whatever lying round for two January transfers IMO.

They've basically agreed deals on a striker and a central midfielder.

This is all poised ready to go. They aren't signing those players if they don't get the money from us for Guendouzi.

Exactly. There is no way they're spending that amount of money without it coming from somewhere else. 

I can't see how this doesn't happen. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Marseille don't have £35m or whatever lying round for two January transfers IMO.

This is all poised ready to go. They aren't signing those players if they don't get the money from us for Guendouzi.

Well I think they can. They have had around a 40 million net outlay the last few seasons and given that only the top 2 are guaranteed champions league football (and not having to qualify through the conference) that investing now could earn them big money next season.

The question really is whether they intend to go over what they've currently invested. I'd think if they signed another player that would be really what would indicate selling guendouzi. 4 incomings for 50-60 mil rather than just the 3 for 35 potentially rising to 45.

25 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Tomask at the back post!

Â