Mattéo Guendouzi

JayVTID

8 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

tbf marseille have spent around 45m net in each of the last 2 seasons, so them spending 40m ish now might actually mean nothing.

Could mean nothing.  But it all adds to the speculation, will it won't it happen.

17 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

tbf marseille have spent around 45m net in each of the last 2 seasons, so them spending 40m ish now might actually mean nothing.

In the January window? 

I could see this going on until the end of the month if we do manage it this window. 

Even if Marseille get Illic in, they've got Monaco this weekend and might want Guendouzi in the starting XI for a key game.  A case of having your cake and eating it, perhaps. Can't blame them really. 

If a deal is that close, a lot will depend on the player.  Word was MG was 'open' to linking up with Emery again but not desperate for a move. So he might be keen to play this weekend for them and go out on a high. Rather than 'head turned/needs to leave' etc. 

The outgoing deals we've done this week suggest at least once incoming fairly soon, mind.  Maybe we'll revisit the Sarr deal, and have kept it under the radar this time? Expect it will be a deal like that, almost out of the blue. 

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Maybe but maybe not. 

Under Emery we've scored 17 goals in 9 matches (including 2 cup matches). That's 1.9 goals per match and using Gerrard's team with no attacking reinforcements. 

Add a winger and/or striker and we'll surely move to 2+ goals per match.

True - but we've sold one of the players who contributed almost 20% of those goals (it is kind of irrelevant whether they were starters or not).  I don't for a second doubt that an attacking player will make a big difference - that was kind of the point that I was making.  It's probably all irrelevant as I am 90% sure that we will see a new attacker join in the next few days and so I don't think the formation initially proposed (to which I was responding) will be our "usual" line-up.

Â