Match Thread: Villa v Wolves

limpid

1 minute ago, Zero7 said:

They just have quicker, more talented, technical players than us, simple at that. 

Everyone said they were shit pre match.

This is the problem with a good chunk of the squad. When there is no pressure they are fine. The minute they play a game that we expect to get a result from they can’t handle the pressure and collapse.

let’s see if they can turn it around in the 2nd half.

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

Don’t think that’s the problem tbh. Cash RW seems to be the biggest problem. Ings on for him and move Bailey wide?

I agree about Cash, but Mings looks uncomfortable with the duty and Konsa can only play to the immediate left or right, not sure I e ever seen a forward pass or him step out?

First, Wolves are a better team than their current league position suggests. Remember where they finished last year.

Second, Lopetegui knows Unai and his tactics too well from La Liga. We're trying to play it out of the back the way we've seen in most of Unai's games but they're on top of it every time. They seem to anticipate everything we do. It doesn't help that we've been so deep for so long...when we do win the ball, we don't have an outlet to get the ball forward.

Despite all the problems, it took a brilliant play to break us down. This match isn't lost. Unai needs to make some major tactical adjustments to throw them off balance. I suspect that he will.

• Like 1