Ratings & Reactions: Spurs v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

279 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/01/23 at 23:59

39 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

It is said that people grow closer once collectively going through a traumatic experience. Dean Smith apart, to think of the time and money wasted on mediocre/inept managers down the years.

Hindsight is a great thing though.

Edited by sheepyvillian

My thoughts

A very professional, confident performance. Once we went 1 up we always looked in control.

Kamara is an immense signing, and if Luiz keeps playing like that then i might have to change my mind about him. McGinn had a better game today, but we probably need better.

The front 3 show plenty of effort, and occasional quality, but imho they all need replacing.

Olsen played well, but is hesitant, and not as good as Martinez

The back 4 played well, and were very comfortable, Carlos' passing ability, and aggression will add to it. Ashley Young  deserves all the plaudits he gets.

Be interesting who Emery goes for

13 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Olsen played well, but is hesitant, and not as good as Martinez

Most back ups are rarely as good as the first choice. It’s kind of part of the role. 

1 hour ago, jim said:

He barely had anything to do. Even when he did he nearly fluffed his lines and Young bailed him out.

He did nothing wrong there. Young did, though, and bailed himself out.

• Like 2

Our last four PL wins v Spurs have quite strangely all been away! The last time we beat them at home in the league was also a New Year's Day, it was in... 2008, for goodness sake 😑 That's a bit ridiculous, I really hope we finally beat them again at Villa Park in the league this season...

51 minutes ago, Pelle said:

He did nothing wrong there. Young did, though, and bailed himself out.

How so when Young was playing rb and the attack came from the left?

Olsen got pulled way too far off his line leaving the goal exposed. Had that gone in he would have been lambasted for it.

FWIW I like Olsen and some of the criticism has been OTT, but that wasn’t some amazing GK performance that justified the Martinez decision. Spurs were shite and didn’t have a shot in the second half.

11 minutes ago, beasley14 said:

I stupildy forgot to record the game today, is there anywhere I can watch the full match now?

Should be on SKY later.

1 minute ago, jim said:

How so when Young was playing rb and the attack came from the left?

Olsen got pulled way too far off his line leaving the goal exposed. Had that gone in he would have been lambasted for it.

FWIW I like Olsen and some of the criticism has been OTT, but that wasn’t some amazing GK performance that justified the Martinez decision. Spurs were shite and didn’t have a shot in the second half.

Perisic runs from their left and Young shall either follow him, play him offside or talk to Konsa and Mings, not jog down 5 yards away and play him onside. Olsen did what he could do there. Tbf to Young he recovers very well and can clear off the line.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Pelle said:

Perisic runs from their left and Young shall either follow him, play him offside or talk to Konsa and Mings, not jog down 5 yards away and play him onside. Olsen did what he could do there. Tbf to Young he recovers very well and can clear off the line.

Young does exactly what he should do, covers his GK. Blame Konsa and Mings if you like but Young goes to Perisic then it’s a goal as he was the last line. 

Â