Ratings & Reactions: Spurs v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

279 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/01/23 at 23:59

F**k you BBC. Spurs players being dirty words removed and the only yellow card you show is Mings when Kane kicks him and falls over feigning injury. Utter c**ts. Also showing that spurrrrssss had good second half chances when truth is they were utter shit and we controlled that second half superbly

• Like 4

On a side note, I dont think I've ever so many half and half scarves at a game.

Seemed every second person was either an Asian or American tourist sporting one of them.

More like Disneyland than a Premier League match.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

On a side note, I dont think I've ever so many half and half scarves at a game.

Seemed every second person was either an Asian or American tourist sporting one of them.

More like Disneyland than a Premier League match.

I love that they traveled so far just to watch their team get smothered to death.

• Haha 1

All the talk post-match is how Spuds are poor, need to spend money and their bench is weak. Yet they literally have years on Villa in terms of spending and improving.

No praise from the media for Villa tactically being the better team.

Kamara was my MOTM but equally Luiz could've had my vote. Both of them are excellent.

Young also absolutely brilliant.

Mings and Konsa great.

Watkins was a threat throughout.

Emery masterclass!

• Like 3

As many have mentioned Kamara and Luiz were immense. I haven’t seen a midfield performance from us like that in a while. Watkin’s workrate and ability to occupy an entire back line made the end of game comfortable.

however, I’m super impressed by Emery’s tactics and the thought of subbing Cash in. I assumed Young was coming off but he basically shut down that side for Spurs and let Cash harass them deep in their half. Defenders are used to being tackled and pressed by attackers and they were lucky one of Cash’s tackles didn’t turn into a goal. I’m always excited to see a Villa manager really use tactical subs to flip the game. Cheers!

• Like 3

My final post in this thread.  Co-Commentator on the US coverage was Andy Townsend, yes the bloke who captained us and won his only major domestic honour while with us.  Listening to him you'd have thought he was on the Spurs payroll.  Lost all respect for the man.  I understand he should attempt to be neutral but he was far from it.  Every time a Spuds player was cautioned it was never a foul, and every single Villa foul should have been a card according to him.  Every time we attacked it was against the run of play.  Absolutely no credit given to Villa for the performance.  Pathetic and sad Andy, I really liked you as a player.... 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

All the talk post-match is how Spuds are poor, need to spend money and their bench is weak. Yet they literally have years on Villa in terms of spending and improving.

No praise from the media for Villa tactically being the better team.

Kamara was my MOTM but equally Luiz could've had my vote. Both of them are excellent.

Young also absolutely brilliant.

Mings and Konsa great.

Watkins was a threat throughout.

Emery masterclass!

I watched MOTD for the first time for a while and the theme was the same. Oh dear Poor Spurs dear oh dear. Mrs T thinks I am a little biased (never)  and pointed that the lady on there did say that it was Villa that controlled the way poor Spurs played. 

We who watch week in week out can see what a difference Unai has made in a month. We can sit quietly, listen to the one sided comments until they see what we are seeing 

4 hours ago, FLVillan said:

My final post in this thread.  Co-Commentator on the US coverage was Andy Townsend, yes the bloke who captained us and won his only major domestic honour while with us.  Listening to him you'd have thought he was on the Spurs payroll.  Lost all respect for the man.  I understand he should attempt to be neutral but he was far from it.  Every time a Spuds player was cautioned it was never a foul, and every single Villa foul should have been a card according to him.  Every time we attacked it was against the run of play.  Absolutely no credit given to Villa for the performance.  Pathetic and sad Andy, I really liked you as a player.... 

Agreed. He was on comms for Liverpool game on amazon, so full of shit I turned comms off. 

6 hours ago, FLVillan said:

I complained about him when itv had Champions League and he was taken off for the last few years of their coverage. One of the most biased nobs I have heard in favour of the sky 6. 

14 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Think we've seen this a few times, he does have to drop off a bit to give himself the time as he doesn't have the speed he once did.

This is the moment. Once the attack develops, he does brilliantly to cover the goalline as Olsen closes down, and then being disciplined enough to stay there as it comes across, but yeah, it's offside and never comes to anything if he holds the line.

WXmHIl0.png

Good picture there, which makes it a little clearer and actually less of a mistake than I first thought. What annoyed me the most was that he didn't follow him, but maybe he felt he wouldn't catch him so instead chose to play safe. But yes, the actions he took after that moment he did very well. He was superb yesterday. I just got a bit annoyed when people claim that he saved Olsen there, which he didn't. Maybe Olsen should've tracked back faster after he'd forced Perisic away from the goal, but that's a bit pedantic. And again I will praise Konsa for going up against Kane. Sure, that's his job and what he really should do, but far too many times I've seen Villa defenders going in half hearted letting the striker head the ball more or less free from defenders.

Are the media headlines written in focus of the bigger clubs because they have more fans? Like again, the bbc run with 'Spurs have a game to forget' as the title headline and use a picture of Buendia celebrating. Why isnt it 'Villa have a game to remember"?

22 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Are the media headlines written in focus of the bigger clubs because they have more fans? Like again, the bbc run with 'Spurs have a game to forget' as the title headline and use a picture of Buendia celebrating. Why isnt it 'Villa have a game to remember"?

Bluntly, they don't give a shit about Villa. We aren't important enough. Hopefully we can just keep under the radar and ignore all shit in the media. 

17 hours ago, TomC said:

Kane didn't touch the ball until the 20th minute...marked him out of the match...

Its like the old saying......They're all good ( opponents) if you let them be.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, maqroll said:

I'm tempted to rewatch the game just to see exactly what Emery was doing systematically and how it evolved over the 90 minutes. 

He shut them down.

In the past, we have simply, played so open, top players, just shine.....its naive, and some of us have been moaning about it, constantly.

Way back...

Our successes under Ron, we was simply hard to play against, and we didn't give teams the drippings off our nose......when we won the inititative, Cowans, Shaw, Morley and Withe.....worked their magic.

essentially thats what we did, yesterday, with a bit more sophistication.

back to the present/future...

They say " Attack is the best form of defence" it is in a way, once the initiative in the game is won...then you start playing the juicy stuff....but defending helps you win the Initiative, thats the key.

We wore them down, we created doubt in their minds and we battled for every ball, when they did get a chance their confidence was rattled and they muffed it.yesterday, we silenced the crowd, a treat.

It takes Conkers to do what UE did, because some fans don't like it......but its like playing safe at Snooker and waiting to get in......Jimmy White was one of the most exciting players around, but how many trophies did he win?.....it depends what we want.

I thought our 2 in the middle of midfield, was stupendous, and they gave us a platform to play from.......Despite not scoring, Ollie looks an improved player, to me.....The Ollie of a few months back, would not have got to that ball, he wouldn't of moved....I'm not saying he is suddenly going to score loads of goals.....but he looks more up for it, to me, working that front line.

Personally, I have been waiting for performances like that, which was similar to the Brighton game to be fair, but I wasn't sure if we could replicate it......and we did.

I feel far more encouraged for the future now, after seeing that.....It was a truly important win for our building blocks and a shot in the arm, to recruit from.

Ps those that think it was because Spurs were poor.......They was MADE to look poor.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, TRO said:

He shut them down.

In the past, we have simply, played so open, top players, just shine.....its naive, and some of us have been moaning about it, constantly.

Our successes under Ron, we was simply hard to play against, and we didn't give teams the drippings off our nose......when we won the inititative, Cowans, Shaw, Morley and Withe.....worked their magic.

essentially thats what we did, yesterday, with a bit more sophistication.

They say " Attack is the best form of defence" it is in a way, once the initiative in the game is won...then you start playing the juicy stuff....but defending helps you win the Initiative, thats the key.

We wore them down, we created doubt in their minds and we battled for every ball, when they did get a chance their confidence was rattled and they muffed it.yesterday, we silenced the crowd, a treat.

It takes Conkers to do what UE did, because some fans don't like it......but its like playing safe at Snooker and waiting to get in......Jimmy White was one of the most exciting players around, but how many trophies did he win.....it depends what we want.

I thought our 2 in the middle of midfield, was stupendous, and they gave us a platform to play from.......Despite not scoring, Ollie looks an improved player, to me.....The Ollie of a few months back, would not have got to that ball, he wouldn't of moved....I'm not saying he is suddenly going to score loads of goals.....but he looks more up for it, to me, working that front line.

Personally, I have been waiting for performances like that, which was similar to the Brighton game to be fair, but I wasn't sure if we could replicate it......and we did.

I feel far more encouraged for the future now, after seeing that.....It was a truly important win for our building blocks and a shot in the arm, to recruit from.

Ps those that think it was because Spurs were poor.......They was MADE to look poor.

Excellent Jimmy White analogy, one of the most exciting potters I've ever seen no plan B. 

• Thanks 1

Â