Pre match thread

Demitri_C

26 minutes ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

Did anyone see the part in Emery’s interview saying Olsen is there to “replace or be competition for Emi” worrying he thinks that Olsen is even remotely capable of replacing Emi. 

What you'd rather him come out and say "yeah Olsen is shit but we'll just have to deal until Martinez comes back"?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Hopp said:

C'mon guys. Give Olsen a bit of support.  He's been Sweden's nr. 1 for years.  Seen him play for them and believe me.. he's good!

I agree that he's good for Sweden but, for Villa, he's so far been terrible. 

Looking at Liverpool's lineup, they look one player short of their best eleven. I can't help but see a Liverpool win by at least 2 to 3 goals. 

4 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Cash not at it since he came back, or not match fit or tactically Young favoured for this. This stuff about Liverpool missing a load of players was kinda nonsense. They are practically at full strength. 

Liverpool missing Firmino, Diaz and Jota in attack. When did Oxlade-Chamberlain last start a pre match?! Knowing us he'll probably score now.

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Ash at Right Back is interesting call, assume his leadership and defensive positioning needed. Cash is a good defender though 

I don't see it as a bad move. We often flag in these types of games around hour mark so putting Cash on with his energy should get us up the pitch a bit more.

6 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Coutinho on bench, kaden Young on bench too. Fairly expected line up otherwise. Shame mcginn still down as captain but there we go

I think Mcginn will surprise a few. And it’s better this way anyway why recreate the the  mess Gerrard did.