Pre match thread

Demitri_C

Klopp looked a little rattled in the pre game press conference over the fact we played so many friendlies during the World Cup and he was especially irked it seemed that he couldn’t find one detail out about the Everton game. The score. Our lineup. Emery prepping hard 😊

Will just have to give all the support possible to Olsen.  He plays out from the back so wierdly though. Always takes a second longer than you expect which gives the opp an extra second to press. Its wierd and not something that can be coached out of him in a week .

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Klopp looked a little rattled in the pre game press conference over the fact we played so many friendlies during the World Cup and he was especially irked it seemed that he couldn’t find one detail out about the Everton game. The score. Our lineup. Emery prepping hard 😊

If he couldn't find out the score from the Everton game, he wasn't trying very hard, we published it on the website!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

If he couldn't find out the score from the Everton game, he wasn't trying very hard, we published it on the website!

My bad actually on that. It was the team -  he said Villa didn’t make the line up public. That’s pretty common though. Lots of behind close door games don’t reveal the line ups. I do feel though Emery will have a specific plan lined up for this lot tomorrow, whether we’ll be good enough to carry it out - who knows. He’ll be extremely confident i feel going up against a side his Villarreal team did very well against in last years champions league. He’s a freak for detail too. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Do you mean Dean Smith, who coached us to beating the same club and manager 7-2, who at the time were PL champions and Champions League champions, with probably AVFC's best display of football for a decade. That Smith? 

Also *couldn't have 

• Like 3

Come on we havent had a boxing game at home in years lets get the place rocking. Keep the good feel factor going.

Coutinho will be on the bench was a interesting option. He wont get away with his crappy performances he was showing under gerrard under emery so if called upon he has to show his quality

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Come on we havent had a boxing game at home in years lets get the place rocking. Keep the good feel factor going.

Coutinho will be on the bench was a interesting option. He wont get away with his crappy performances he was showing under gerrard under emery so if called upon he has to show his quality

Apart from last year v Chelsea

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think im hungover as we pkayed palace the year before at home and beat them 3-0 as well 😅 

We also played Norwich the season before that but except for that we havent had a home match in years 😉

We have had 7 home matches in the last 10 years

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Do you mean Dean Smith, who coached us to beating the same club and manager 7-2, who at the time were PL champions and Champions League champions, with probably AVFC's best display of football for a decade. That Smith? 

How did it work out for him on the whole , that Dean Smith ? 

I don't think we should underestimate the pressure that is on Liverpool here - if we score first, they'll be under huge pressure - a loss today and a loss to Leicester in a couple of days time would mean no Champions League football and no Bellingham and probably no Klopp.

They're clinging to the top four race and while there's plenty of time to go, they can't really afford to keep slipping up - if we get on to them we can make that pressure work for us.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I don't think we should underestimate the pressure that is on Liverpool here - if we score first, they'll be under huge pressure - a loss today and a loss to Leicester in a couple of days time would mean no Champions League football and no Bellingham and probably no Klopp.

They're clinging to the top four race and while there's plenty of time to go, they can't really afford to keep slipping up - if we get on to them we can make that pressure work for us.

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148861djue9ilf3w4kd0gts

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Are you saying get into um **ck um off ?

• Like 1