Pre match thread

Demitri_C

Just now, Follyfoot said:

Are you saying get into um **ck um off ?

Absof***inglutely.

Apparently they're amongst the worst for  conceding in the first fifteen minutes and we're one of the best in the league for scoring in the first fifteen - let's get a lead and see if we can make them feel it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Absof***inglutely.

Apparently they're amongst the worst for  conceding in the first fifteen minutes and we're one of the best in the league for scoring in the first fifteen - let's get a lead and see if we can make them feel it.

I agree, I think they have a soft underbelly, especially away from home this season. Quietly confident, I’m really looking forward to getting back to a match under the lights.

Just can't be optimistic about this knowing Martinez won't be playing. He's crucial to us and it's no coincidence that since Gerrard left a large majority of the goals we've shipped have been with Olsen in goal, even though he's only played about a game and a half.

• Like 2

time to snap out of it and get with the program, we likely would have lost today with Martinez, if we lose it will be more than likely for the simple fact Liverpool much better players than us all over the pitch. Also Martinez one of the best goalkeepers in the world, how we expected our No.2, whoever he may be, to be anywere near as good.

I’m optimistic about today, really looking forward to it now. Back at Villa Park, big Boxing Day atmosphere and the Emery feel-good factor is a huge boost for us. Liverpool can be got at and with some quick transition play we can definitely get at the them. The keeper situation is a concern but I’m hopeful the coaching team have seen Olsen’s limitations and done some work to rectify them, or at least minimise the risks. 

We might well lose but it’s only one game and we are in a really good place right now. 

UTV!

5 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I don't think we should underestimate the pressure that is on Liverpool here - if we score first, they'll be under huge pressure - a loss today and a loss to Leicester in a couple of days time would mean no Champions League football and no Bellingham and probably no Klopp.

They're clinging to the top four race and while there's plenty of time to go, they can't really afford to keep slipping up - if we get on to them we can make that pressure work for us.

I think Liverpool will comfortably finish 4th in the end.

Beat us and they'll be 5 points off Spurs with a game in hand so it's no big deal for them.

They've been in worse situations before. Two years back they were playing kids at CB and were losing six straight games at Anfield. They still finished 3rd that season so given the state Chelsea are in and Man. United are up and down I think it's stretching to say they're clinging. Just like if we lose the next two we're clinging to premier league survival.

14 minutes ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

Did anyone see the part in Emery’s interview saying Olsen is there to “replace or be competition for Emi” worrying he thinks that Olsen is even remotely capable of replacing Emi. 

Can't believe a competent manager would try and build a players confidence like that. What an idiot. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2