João Félix

Delphinho123

59 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I don't care that he doesn't think we're a big club, I care that he sucked butt at Chelsea and looks like he'll never be a PL player. Avoid. 

I think people on VT are actually more favourably disposed towards him -- and that's not much -- than the general social media Villasphere. I feel convinced that he's actually about as self-important as he seems, and ordinary, ultra-pragmatic Villa supporters don't have time for that nonsense. Can't see it helping him career-wise.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

• 3 weeks later...

The fact that Unai wanted Felix in January and we were the first club to try and sign him on loan before Chelsea came in says alot. The fact that allegedly we are trying to sign him again despite his hugely underwhelming showing for Chelsea says even more. 

If theres a manager who could get something out of him then its Unai i reckon. And i guess Unai thinks the same 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

The fact that Unai wanted Felix in January and we were the first club to try and sign him on loan before Chelsea came in says alot. The fact that allegedly we are trying to sign him again despite his hugely underwhelming showing for Chelsea says even more. 

If theres a manager who could get something out of him then its Unai i reckon. And i guess Unai thinks the same 

yep. I pretty much came here to say the same. If Unai was after him in January, he went to Chelsea over us (still in the CL at the time) and is still interested in getting him this window makes me think that there might be legs to this. and pretty sure I've seen folks saying that that journo is reliable 

For the right deal I would take him but not sure that deal is actually available for us. He wasnt great at Chelsea but that was a shitshow but is at the stage now he needs to finally turn up and be consistent

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Zatman said:

For the right deal I would take him but not sure that deal is actually available for us. He wasnt great at Chelsea but that was a shitshow but is at the stage now he needs to finally turn up and be consistent

Given the figures involved I’d guess the only deal available would be a loan like Chelsea. They paid £11m or something for half a season. It’s difficult to imagine us paying £20m for a season plus wages but who knows. 

Still screams of transfer silly season to me.   He's been in the news because Atleti are back in pre season training and it seems he's lost his shirt number (7) and is probably not part of their plans for 23/24, but you can find his name linked with Manchester United and PSG just as easily as you can find it linked with Villa.  It's media outlets writing stories they hope people will click on and/or agents trying to drum up interest.   

• Like 2

7 hours ago, The_Rev said:

Still screams of transfer silly season to me.   He's been in the news because Atleti are back in pre season training and it seems he's lost his shirt number (7) and is probably not part of their plans for 23/24, but you can find his name linked with Manchester United and PSG just as easily as you can find it linked with Villa.  It's media outlets writing stories they hope people will click on and/or agents trying to drum up interest.   

This is 100% accurate

• Like 1

On 12/07/2023 at 13:54, MWARLEY2 said:

But why on earth would Villa want to work with a super-expensive player on that basis (to "get something out of him")? You think he's going to start putting them in like he did at Benfica because Unai is a magic man? I don't know. Again, I don't get the fascination with Felix unless the price tag comes way, way, way down. It's hard to see how our backs are so against the wall that we need to be taking a pricey risk when there are good players out there who don't need to be "unlocked" or rediscovered, unless they are a **** of a lot cheaper. Like @Zatman said, with the right deal maybe, but my deal would need to be much cheaper to be right than the numbers we're seeing. I'd rather see one of our rivals waste big money on him, to be honest. It's interesting how he seems to have this hold on people.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Nicho said:

I only wanted to sign him due to his girlfriend Magui Corceiro. They’ve split up now so what’s the point.

Same reason I liked Jack Duckworth on Corrie. His wife 🥰

Â