João Félix

Delphinho123

3 hours ago, Mazrim said:

Clearly not? How do you know? Is it the case now that the only way players come to Villa is if we blow everybody else out of the water? 

I think players think more of us than many of our fans do.

Just being realistic/miserable.

I will remain hungry until I eat something. I shall also stay in bed until after I wake up. I will not drive the car until after I have started the engine.  F me how does anyone think to press send on a tweet like that.

• Like 1

With Unai Emery at the helm I'm sure João Félix is exactly the calibre of player he wants to sign.

Remember over the last weeks Villa have been linked to Zaha, Grealish and now Félix.

Now whether we can promote Villa and sign these types of players is the question but I'd imagine Emery will be backed financially.

On 07/12/2022 at 09:41, Nigel said:

Look at the statement this was the answer to.

And the statement remains. We can get him. Whether we will or not is moot to the point that we can. 

I've got a ticket to this weekends lottery. Will I win it? Probably not. Can I? Absolutely I can. 

Can we buy Joao Felix? Absolutely we can . Will we? Very likely no. 

34 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

These sort of takes are genuinely 15 years out of date.

I agree. 

It's great having pace and power. Watkins, Ramsey etc. but you also need guile and the game in this country has moved on. It's not just about bringing in Steve Sidwell and John Carew and trying to bully teams, we need to have better footballers than our opposition. Felix would help that I'm sure. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

And the statement remains. We can get him. Whether we will or not is moot to the point that we can. 

I've got a ticket to this weekends lottery. Will I win it? Probably not. Can I? Absolutely I can. 

Can we buy Joao Felix? Absolutely we can . Will we? Very likely no. 

I think you are missing the point, but I can't be bothered to go on about it so we will have to agree to disagree 

13 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

Joao Felix is an incredible talent, but he is not going to flourish in the  "kick anything that moves" environment of the Premier League. He has so much ball playing talent, but the pace and the physicality of the PL will nullify his skills, and even in the Spanish league he is known to be injury prone.

We need strength and pace as well as ability, and our money needs to be spent on that basis.

Agreed, Martin. We need a Heskey type figure.

18 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Agreed, Martin. We need a Heskey type figure.

Maybe size wise but i never thought Heskey was that great, actually very frustrating.  I’m sure there are better players with similar attributes but better to reference than Heskey.  

• Like 1

Â