João Félix

Delphinho123

10 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Cant see one of the 'top 6' allowing us to pull this off. Would expect Spurs and Chelsea to step in and take him. 

Would be serious intent of bridging the gap. 

This...  Screams like the type of signing both of those clubs would make just to have him sit on the bench.  

12 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Cant see one of the 'top 6' allowing us to pull this off. Would expect Spurs and Chelsea to step in and take him. 

Would be serious intent of bridging the gap. 

I dont think Spurs have a chance not just financially but going Simeone to Conte isnt what he needs

51 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Thank you. Look, there's not much to discuss atm so when we get something like this we shouldn't stamp it out. Let's have some fun discussing it.

For the record, I wouldn't put much money on it happening but its not impossible. When you're a big club in the best league with a high profile successful manager and stupidly rich owners, you know, it sounds enticing.

Who saw West Ham getting Tevez and Mascherano? Kamara was in great demand supposedly. Countinho was very high profile. Seemingly strange things can happen sometimes.

Absolutely. The sad thing is people ridiculing this deal are indirectly ridiculing the prospects of the Villa. Annoyingly negative imo. That said, there are sound reasons why this might not happen (finances & lack of European football) which is fair enough. But it is not impossible imo, hasn't Felix been a flop at A. Madrid?  Hasn't this come from a reputable source too? 

Yet, if it was Martinez being linked to A. Madrid it would be immediately lapped up in the droves. We already have fans selling Martinez thread after having a decent game 🤣. I would not be surprised if more than a few on this forum follow another Premier League team, we are their soft spot or something ridiculous. 

As you have rightly alluded to, we were told we won't sign Emery, Martinez, Kamara, Carlos, Buendia, Bailey, Coutinho...and the list goes on. Let's wait and see.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

The sad thing is people ridiculing this deal are indirectly ridiculing the prospects of the Villa. Annoyingly negative imo. That said, there are sound reasons why this might not happen (finances & lack of European football) which is fair enough.

So the people “ridiculing” this link have sound reasons to do so and it’s fair but they are being annoyingly negative? 

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Yes and why not? Kamara was, and is, a very talented young footballer in demand and touted to be fought over by champions league clubs. OK, Kamara was on a free but that made him even more sought after and the fact is, we still signed him.

Yes Felix is valued higher and is more unlikely, but the comparison if not the same, is fair to make in my opinion.

Our case also gets stronger the more these calibre of player/manager sign. Kamara, Coutinho, Emery, Carlos etc would have seemed rediculous 18 months ago.  They're all European knockout football people.

41 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

yeah, I can see why he makes the comparison as I don't think many thought that he would be coming to us over the summer. Though him on a free is different to signing a guy who was purchased for over 100m euros a few years ago

Coutinho says hi. Although I think this one is highly unlikely.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Why is this guy so certain we could afford this transfer, especially if they’re demanding upwards of £86million that’s floating around out there? That’s not even considering his weekly wages…

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Yes and why not? Kamara was, and is, a very talented young footballer in demand and touted to be fought over by champions league clubs. OK, Kamara was on a free but that made him even more sought after and the fact is, we still signed him.

Yes Felix is valued higher and is more unlikely, but the comparison if not the same, is fair to make in my opinion.

Felix is not just valued higher, they’re not even in the same stratosphere. He’s a footballing superstar who has multiple years of cl experience, won numerous trophies and accolades, a player who moved for 120 million euros in his teens.And unlike Coutinho because I’m sure someone will make that comparison, he’s only 23 and will only get better. The comparison to us signing Kamara is ridiculous.

And on that topic, I do think people are overrating how valued Kamara was when we got him. CL clubs weren’t exactly falling over themselves to get him, he was just a highly rated prospect that was on their radar mostly because his contract was ending. He probably ended up with us because no one else was willing to gamble on him and offer as much money as we did. Or you could take him on his word and believe its because of stevie g but I’m sure no one wants to give him any cresit for that

edit: ah what the hell, the coutinho signing was never that crazy too. People just got blinded by the name but he was wank for Barca for years and they couldn’t wait to get rid of him.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

We signed Boubs because we at least quintupled his wage. Can't do that here.

It's not impossible, but I think they'll be too many other clubs who would take him if we agreed any sort of fee under £70m.

• Like 1

The other thing is...he would cost at least £70m. And be our top paid player by quite a margin.

He's the right age to gamble on, but I'm not 100% sure on the player or person for that sort of outlay.

He's very very good. Has to be to justify that sort of outlay. It could really hurt us if he bombs.

He's not as good as the Grealish we sold, forget what he plays like now.

39 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Felix is not just valued higher, they’re not even in the same stratosphere. He’s a footballing superstar who has multiple years of cl experience, won numerous trophies and accolades, a player who moved for 120 million euros in his teens.And unlike Coutinho because I’m sure someone will make that comparison, he’s only 23 and will only get better. The comparison to us signing Kamara is ridiculous.

And on that topic, I do think people are overrating how valued Kamara was when we got him. CL clubs weren’t exactly falling over themselves to get him, he was just a highly rated prospect that was on their radar mostly because his contract was ending. He probably ended up with us because no one else was willing to gamble on him and offer as much money as we did. Or you could take him on his word and believe its because of stevie g but I’m sure no one wants to give him any cresit for that

edit: ah what the hell, the coutinho signing was never that crazy too. People just got blinded by the name but he was wank for Barca for years and they couldn’t wait to get rid of him.

I think you're exaggerating Felix a little (hes obviously a top player but hasnt hit the expected  level at Atletico yet) and selling Kamara way short. There is a comparison. it's not exactly the same situation, but it is worth noting. If you disagree that's fair enough, but it's not ridiculous.

Anyway, I'm done arguing the case for being allowed to discuss this as even a remote possibility. It is, so we will, however unlikely.

Â