João Félix

Delphinho123

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He was never that good even at Benfica when he broke out he wasnt worth that. Its a deal that definitely would have been investigated financially if it wasn't a release clause. Like Silva at Wolves I have a feeling it was a financial favour for Mendes

Didn't he win the Golden Boy award when he played for them, he must have been doing something right? 

6 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Didn't he win the Golden Boy award when he played for them, he must have been doing something right? 

He had a good season and Europa League and had potential but not so good to pay £120 million for him

40-50 million would still have been a huge risk for what he had done so far

Even if we could attract him here, the finances required would be insane and I’m not sure he’s worth paying close to 100m euros for not to mention the wages he would be on. He’s not pulled it all together for long enough or consistently enough to be worth that kind of financial outlay.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

39 minutes ago, Didiersix said:

I have seen a lot of Joao Felix and not massively impressed to be honest. Yes he may be being played out of position, yes he may be unhappy at Atletico.... but I've never seen anything that has made me think he is a top player. His shooting is normally pretty weak and generally he is not a strong player (although this was supposedly something he worked on at the close of last season). I remain decidedly undecided about him and would be happy to miss out on this one.

We could sign Haaland and Mbappe and some would still say they weren't good enough for Villa...  Joao Felix would be the biggest meltdown signing of all time for Villa, even more so than Coutinho on loan last January. 

5 hours ago, CVByrne said:

It's a joke tbh. We cannot afford the transfer fee and wages. Also why would he join Villa, makes no sense at all. We have been linked with big starts like Nunez etc.. before. They never happen

Why did Robinho join Man City all those years ago.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tommo_b said:

Why did Robinho join Man City all those years ago.

Because they threw an insane amount of money at him...  It wasn't because it was an "interesting project" or he would get playing time there...  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

Because they threw an insane amount of money at him...  It wasn't because it was an "interesting project" or he would get playing time there...  

Didn't he think he was joining Man Utd 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I watched him live back in 2018 for Benfica and he was absolutely special.

He got a transfer to the wrong team though, from what I read at the time he didn't want to go too far, he was still very young.

He is a sensational player, he is better than Buendia, probably on par with prime Grealish, and he would slot in to any European team.

In my opinion, it's unlikely he comes to Villa. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Loan to me opens up even more liklihood he joins a team higher up the table

Arsenal being the main one if jesus is out for the year

Should be back by Easter I hear. 

5 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I watched him live back in 2018 for Benfica and he was absolutely special.

He got a transfer to the wrong team though, from what I read at the time he didn't want to go too far, he was still very young.

He is a sensational player, he is better than Buendia, probably on par with prime Grealish, and he would slot in to any European team.

In my opinion, it's unlikely he comes to Villa. 

Whoaaaa, be careful what you say on here. Buendia is the second coming of Christ to most..

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

I don't think Atletico would accept a loan, they gambled on paying big for him, it mostly hasn't worked out so I'd imagine they'd want some sort of return on their investment even if it means taking a hit.

I wonder if a loan with an obligation to buy would help with financing on both sides

2 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Is this guy really comparing us signing Boubacar Kamara to us potentially signing Joao Felix?

yeah, I can see why he makes the comparison as I don't think many thought that he would be coming to us over the summer. Though him on a free is different to signing a guy who was purchased for over 100m euros a few years ago

Â