João Félix

Delphinho123

~ I just made this up but it could be true ~

Sawiris and Edens have been impressed with the impact that Rachel Daly has had on the women's team and the billionaire duo are determined to make a similar next level signing for the mens team in the hope that it has a similar impact. It may or may not be Felix but expect us to sign someone that makes the football world not believe it's eyes.

I heard the cleaners at Bodymoor Heath are using a new toilet cleaner that is a bit more expensive but really has made a big difference to how clean the toilets are and how nice they smell, even after a john mcginn special.

NSWE are so impressed by the impact this has had on the club that they're building a state of the art 100k seater stadium in Coventry for the club to move to. 

Great news if true

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

This reply to that comments even better, “They don’t it’s all just talks tell me a single good player they’ve bought?”

It's amazing how little the public know about villas situation. Every fan in the league knows Newcastle have billions and don't bat an eyelid if they get mentioned with an expensive signing. They don't realise we have near enough exactly the amount to spend that they do. Our owners, like Newcastle's, are richer than FFP will let them demonstrate. But if we try and spend any of our billions on a star, people don't know how we have any money. 

Must say,  I prefer it this way. A sign that our owners aren't in the news for the wrong reasons, or indeed any reason. And we annoy the uneducated that little bit more.

Also, they probably forgot we signed Kamara and Carlos as they've both been injured for ages.

4 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

It's amazing how little the public know about villas situation. Every fan in the league knows Newcastle have billions and don't bat an eyelid if they get mentioned with an expensive signing. They don't realise we have near enough exactly the amount to spend that they do. Our owners, like Newcastle's, are richer than FFP will let them demonstrate. But if we try and spend any of our billions on a star, people don't know how we have any money. 

Must say,  I prefer it this way. A sign that our owners aren't in the news for the wrong reasons, or indeed any reason. And we annoy the uneducated that little bit more.

Also, they probably forgot we signed Kamara and Carlos as they've both been injured for ages.

It's because we aren't doing it on the pitch currently (thanks to Stevie).  We can't expect fans of other clubs to know what's happening with Villa off the pitch in the background, NSWE aren't exactly at the forefront of things like say Abramovich was.  Once we improve result under Emery, they'll take notice.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Behind Watkins with Bailey moving back to the right of a 4 in midfield and Ramsey pushing over to the left. 

I can just hear it now “great touch there by Felix, he moves past one, then another, slides Watkins in…..Watkins, Watkins, oh..his weak shot is straight at the keeper, he really should’ve scored there….sums up his game today”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Dante_Lockhart said:

At the expense of Buendia / Countinho?

Maybe yeh. Who knows. 

Personally, I'd like to see Coutinho given the role behind Watkins when he's back fit, with Bailey and Ramsey out wide. Buendia can come on if he's knackered after 60 mins. 

2 hours ago, DeadlyDirk said:

I love the comment from the Citeh fan: "Where do Villa get so much pull ffs"

Citeh the team that were losing play off finals to Gillingham in league one before the oil money came in.

They would be nothing without their owners

18 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

At the expense of Buendia / Countinho?

Id be ok with buendia going if right offer came in. He just is not consistent enough for me. Doesnt score enough either.  I think we massively over spent on him too.

21 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I can just hear it now “great touch there by Felix, he moves past one, then another, slides Watkins in…..Watkins, Watkins, oh..his weak shot is straight at the keeper, he really should’ve scored there….sums up his game today”

That's the spirit.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

That's the spirit.

Haha can’t say I’m wrong though!  How many times does he do it.  Great having all that creativity but need somebody to finish it off and we know that isn’t Watkins.  I don’t think Felix is the player we need at the moment…unbelievable talent but not what we need in this team as a priority given the cost, not that I think the deal is even likely a possibility.

1 hour ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Realistically, if we do somehow manage to pull this off, where do you see him playing?

Most likely it will depend on opposition and fitness. Against a low block a deep lying forward with two pacy wingers (Bailey and Watkins) wide.  With Ramsey behind him.

Against quality opposition, behind two wide forwards (Watkins and Bailey), with 3 defensive midfielders behind.

Ultimately he will be the creativity either alongside or behind pacy wingers / wide forwards.

I expect we want a creative striker that can play no 10 (like Felix) and a pacy winger, that can also play as a striker for the left side. So we could then rotate Watkins, Bailey, and the new winger around 2 spots. Pacy players pick up a lot of muscle injuries generally.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

If he comes here, he’ll most likely play striker. I think he’s played there for most of his time at Atletico anyway. 

He can play up front as deeper striker, or on the left cutting in.  I think he'd suit us quite well under Emery.

• Like 1

Â