João Félix

Delphinho123

Haaland only have 14 headed goals from a career 154 goals so Pep probably should have gone with someone else if he intended to start relying on floated crosses to a center tank.

City bought him because he's the best central attacker money can buy.

• Like 1

Well based on that first half, I don't see much competition for Joao Felix.

Wouldn't go near him based on that.

I don't care how much talent these players have, if they lack desire, workrate  and an interest in winning.....thay won't take us, where we want to go.

6 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

TRO I agree totally but I think in ten years heading will likely have been banned.

Seems like Morocco haven't given up on the art either.

When other sports like Boxing, Rugby are still engaged in blows to the head....I'm not sure it will be banned.

They can't even have elbow pads to avoid damage from the elbow, so I don't know if there is a will to ban heading the ball.

• Haha 3

On 06/12/2022 at 15:50, gwi1890 said:

Atletico Madrid paid 127m euro for him so I doubt anybody can afford him.

This. Maybe, maybe if we still had all the Grealish money lying around, and even then, probably not. The NSWE approach has not been to spend recklessly on star players.

He's full of talent and potential, but he's not consistent enough to be truly great yet. Even if I were Man City, I wouldn't drop €127m on him.

Edited by TomC
Corrected spelling, deleted duplicate

38 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Not just based on Portugal losing, but if we are going to spunk north of 50m on anyone, they need to be 'proven', this guy isn't what we need... 

Don't worry, we ain't signing João Felix for £50m, or £60m, or £80m or 

It is said that Mendes is expected to arrive the country this week as he looks to speak to both Newcastle and Villa regarding their interest in Felix over the coming days. Previous discussions have already been held with the likes of United and Chelsea, though, which suggests that they could still be in the frame to land Felix before the end of next month.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1707920/Newcastle-Aston-Villa-Joao-Felix-talks-agent-jets-into-UK-Man-Utd-transfer-news

sounds like we could be in the mix with Atletico and it will be down to players choice… 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DeadlyDirk said:

I can't believe this has got to 15 pages....

In fairness, so starved are we of proper football at the moment, we will talk about any slightest Villa related news. Usually, this would have been half a page in the general transfer thread.

Â