João Félix

Delphinho123

Just now, The_Steve said:

I think we will probably see more of his influence either way. For good or bad. 

It's the only way I can make sense of this happening, probably with some significant "agent fees" for Mendes, and possibly massive incentives for him if/when Felix would be sold to an "elite" club.

If Félix does move to Villa will he need a cat tree and a woollen ball? 

On a serious note I don’t think as a loan deal it would be that far fetched.

But I must be the only one who doesn’t think he’s that good. (€126million good that is). 

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

But I must be the only one who doesn’t think he’s that good. (€126million good that is). 

I don't think Atletico would accept a loan, they gambled on paying big for him, it mostly hasn't worked out so I'd imagine they'd want some sort of return on their investment even if it means taking a hit.

14 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I don't think Atletico would accept a loan, they gambled on paying big for him, it mostly hasn't worked out so I'd imagine they'd want some sort of return on their investment even if it means taking a hit.

Loan to me opens up even more liklihood he joins a team higher up the table

Arsenal being the main one if jesus is out for the year

16 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

He looked good last night but up until that point he'd looked like a diving, lightweight shyster. I don't know enough about him to know which is the norm.

27 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Is there a Mendes-Sawiris link? I know he was involved in the unai deal but I haven't seen any other involvement. 

Nas has a long-standing friendship with Mendes - hence how we got Moreira on loan. 

I have seen a lot of Joao Felix and not massively impressed to be honest. Yes he may be being played out of position, yes he may be unhappy at Atletico.... but I've never seen anything that has made me think he is a top player. His shooting is normally pretty weak and generally he is not a strong player (although this was supposedly something he worked on at the close of last season). I remain decidedly undecided about him and would be happy to miss out on this one.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Didiersix said:

I have seen a lot of Joao Felix and not massively impressed to be honest. Yes he may be being played out of position, yes he may be unhappy at Atletico.... but I've never seen anything that has made me think he is a top player. His shooting is normally pretty weak and generally he is not a strong player (although this was supposedly something he worked on at the close of last season). I remain decidedly undecided about him and would be happy to miss out on this one.

Sounds perfect for villa than

3 hours ago, Pissflaps said:

I love your contributions but come on. We are not in Europe, he's at his peak age and as an attacker with big potential if he lands in the right place he will have more attractive offers that what villa are currently.

Thank you. Look, there's not much to discuss atm so when we get something like this we shouldn't stamp it out. Let's have some fun discussing it.

For the record, I wouldn't put much money on it happening but its not impossible. When you're a big club in the best league with a high profile successful manager and stupidly rich owners, you know, it sounds enticing.

Who saw West Ham getting Tevez and Mascherano? Kamara was in great demand supposedly. Countinho was very high profile. Seemingly strange things can happen sometimes.

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

He was never that good even at Benfica when he broke out he wasnt worth that. Its a deal that definitely would have been investigated financially if it wasn't a release clause. Like Silva at Wolves I have a feeling it was a financial favour for Mendes

Â