Match Thread: LC3: Man United v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

The likes of Bailey and Buendia were able to help us play through the press with quality first touches and first time passes. We don't have that with Mcginn on the pitch. 

Ings isn't involved and Watkins great hold up play from the weekend isn't there tonight. 

We've defended well and done our job though.

McGinn can’t play through a press, no way.

Would like to see Bailey come on in the second half.

• Like 2

I love it. Completely frustrated them at their own place. They look toothless in attack. 15 minutes in I would go bailey for McGinn and archer for Ings and go for the win. 

• Like 2

It’s unsurprising that this game is disjointed. So much rotation will have that effect. 

We’ve looked ropey playing out from the back, manure’s pressing has been good whereas Olsen’s foot work, not so. 

We are lacking some width especially on the left hand side, meaning the ball comes back inside a lot where it’s too congested. 

The good news is we’re not behind. I’m keen to see what Emery does for the second half. We’ve not been great but neither have United, we can still win this. 

Lastly, I hate Maguire. 

RedCafe is full of posts complaining about the ref.

Shows that the blatant favourable treatment they’ve had for so long has completely distorted any idea of what a fair game should look like. Ref has been poor, certainly not favouring us.

• Like 3