Pre-Match Thread: Doing the double

tinker

57 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

We have two more games before our players get a 4 week rest, no need to field a weaken side. I’m sure ManU would think the same.

Its actually one more league game and this.

I would maybe play a few fringe players like sanson just to see how they perform. We dont need to go too weak. I wouldnt be opposed to starts for aug, sanson and ings/archer in this one

One thing i will say after the evidence of yesterday' we are getting absolutely zero decisons on thursday night. I expect 10x worse from these corruot refs

I wouldn't play a 'weak' side as such but I think we can expect a few changes so Emery can get a look at some players. Young in for Digne (maybe 30 bring Digne on at 60 mins to keep building up fitness), Chambers for Konsa, Sanson for Ramsey and Ings for Watkins is arguably as strong a team as we put out yesterday, but keeps players happy and lets the manager see what they're made of.

I'd keep Kamara on the bench for the first hour too, let's not rush him back in too fast.

If we use all the subs it means we can bring on players like Digne, Kamara, Watkins, Archer. It's been a while since we've been able to bring on subs that can make a difference.

Edited by blunther
  • Like 2

Martinez

Young       Chambers         Mings    Augustinsson

Luiz         Kamara 

Sanson             McGinn               Ramsey

Watkins

Subs: Olsen, Cash, Digne, Konsa, Nakamba, Buendia, Bailey, Ings, Archer 

Not sure of the above line up myself as it certainly lacks a bit of pace but we have a squad, so I suppose we should use it.

edit - wasn’t aware that Dendoncker and Bednarek were cup tied.  Have amended. 

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Martinez

Young       Chambers         Bednarek       Augustinsson

Dendoncker         Kamara 

Sanson                  McGinn                   Ramsey

Watkins

Subs: Olsen, Cash, Digne, Konsa, Luiz, Buendia, Bailey, Ings, Archer 

Not sure of the above line up myself as it certainly lacks a bit of pace but we have a squad, so I suppose we should use it.  

I reckon we'll see Chambers at RB under Emery; Cash was much more reserved in going forward allowing Digne to be much further advanced.  Obviously, he can play CB too, it's good we have so much versatility

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I reckon we'll see Chambers at RB under Emery; Cash was much more reserved in going forward allowing Digne to be much further advanced.  Obviously, he can play CB too, it's good we have so much versatility

Yes, you could well be right. Not sure of what changes he should do but three games in a week, I think he should make some.  We should be especially cautious with Digne having just returned from this heel issue. 

2 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Yes, you could well be right. Not sure of what changes he should do but three games in a week, I think he should make some.  We should be especially cautious with Digne having just returned from this heel issue. 

I wouldn't make changes just for the sake of it.  I think there will be some, just so Emery can get a look at some of the other players. Digne probably should be rested, so either Young or Augustinsson could start over him.  And I can see Ings starting over Watkins possibly and think a change in midfield.  Other than that, I'd keep the same

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Its actually one more league game and this.

I would maybe play a few fringe players like sanson just to see how they perform. We dont need to go too weak. I wouldnt be opposed to starts for aug, sanson and ings/archer in this one

One thing i will say after the evidence of yesterday' we are getting absolutely zero decisons on thursday night. I expect 10x worse from these corruot refs

Actually one (league game) plus one (this) equals two matches before the World Cup break.

Unlike Gerrard, I trust Emery, and if he don’t pick Sanson, it means Emery don’t think he will perform well enough based on what he sees in training. I believe we will get the chance to see more of Sanson, and Gerrard will be proven to be wrong once more. 

They will come out to hurt us for this one. They will foul the s**t out of us, and will deserve to have at least 2 sent off. No red cards will be issued.

We'll then have 3 injuries for Brighton.  

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

I wouldn't make changes just for the sake of it.  I think there will be some, just so Emery can get a look at some of the other players. Digne probably should be rested, so either Young or Augustinsson could start over him.  And I can see Ings starting over Watkins possibly and think a change in midfield.  Other than that, I'd keep the same

so keep it the same apart from changing the defence, midfield and attack!  😝

1 minute ago, HKP90 said:

They will come out to hurt us for this one. They will foul the s**t out of us, and will deserve to have at least 2 sent off. No red cards will be issued.

We'll then have 3 injuries for Brighton.  

Yep this. The ref will ignore it all and give Villa a red card and Man Utd a penalty.