Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Can someone explain this too me? 

V and B in some Spanish accents is pronounced the same, Emery has a strong accent and was apparently mocked by Arsenal players for it. It’s not very clever

Another plus point he's worked with monchi, he's worked with leonardo, arsenal had a sporting director, villarreal have a sporting director

I dont expect to see journos reporting pissing contests over him wanting more power over transfers

He knows how this set up works and can be successful in it

• Like 1

Just now, useless said:

I've seen a lot of people say he's a defensive manager, but all his teams are usually amongst the top scorers in the league, in last two seasons at Villarreal only the two Madrid clubs and Barcelona have scored more, and in his season at Arsenal only Man City and Liverpool scored more, so can't be that defensive.

His reputation at Arsenal was that he liked to try and defend leads (often unsuccessfully) rather than going for the kill. But not a 90 mins park the bus type manager.

Great appointment, don't think we've ever had a manager with this kind of record. And hopefully will have learnt a lot about the PL from his time at Arsenal, and has a point to prove. Very optimistic about this.

Also think our fanbase have more realistic expectations than Arsenal's did, so he'll get more time to build something here.

I'm kinda in shock about this appointment. 

He's been my number one choice all along (above Poch) but didn't think we had a chance to get him. 

Mates giving me grief about the links being nonsense. 

Unbelievable appointment. 

Â