Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THIS.

This is a REAL appointment.

If it doesn’t work out, it doesn’t work out.

But this is no Mickey Scouse appointment.

Utterly brilliant work done, and Purslow is off the hook (if he’s getting the blame for not sacking Gerrard, he’s also getting the credit for this)

• Like 4

The best appointment we could have got. Hands down, the club have done very well here. 

I know we often make stupid comments at the start of these threads which we inevitably come back to in a couple of years when we want him sacked, but I don’t think it’s too soon to start designing his statue. 

Up the Unai. 

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

Can someone explain this too me? 

Emery got abused at Arsenal for his heavy accent - lead to a “good ebening” meme (because Spanish v’s are pronounced more like a ‘b’). 

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

It's a meme people have used to mock him because he said good evening quite a lot when he was hired at Arsenal.

3 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

V in Spanish is pronounced closer to an English B than an English V, so when giving press conferences at Arsenal he would start by saying "Good Evening" but it sounded like "Good Ebening" as he wasn't fluent in English, then when things started to go sour at Arsenal the fans took the piss out of him for it.

A bit shitty considering he was speaking a second language (probably third or even fourth) and those taking the piss would look dumbfounded by anything other than English.

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â