Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We couldn't ask for more than our owners. This is a massive statement from them of their intentions. You don't get someone like Unai Emery in to manage you unless you have really serious ambition. 

I think they realised that to go big you need to be managed big. 

• Like 2

I’m excited. Essentially it puts us in the top bracket of European managers currently working. Won tiles in France with two teams. Won europa league theee time plus two other finals, champions league semi finalist with a team whose ground holds less than 15k. Better win % with psg than poch and tuchal. He’s got a strong accent though, so lots of English people took the piss when he was at arsenal. Classic mindless xenophobia from British media and ‘football’ fans. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Look at it this way.

Without Xia there wouldn't be an NSWE

Without SG there wouldn't be an Emery.

Not quite standing on the shoulders of giants, but I love the sentiment!

Feeling good about this. He's considered a failure at Arsenal...but, his win % there would make him our most successful individual manager ever!

Football, eh?

• Like 1

Just now, KentVillan said:

Villareal fans saying his assistant is the brains behind him, so unless he's coming too, this could be a big mistake

If I had a pound for every time I’ve heard that I could retire now. Everyone says that about every single manager appointed ever. It’s always mostly cobblers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, KentVillan said:

Villareal fans saying his assistant is the brains behind him, so unless he's coming too, this could be a big mistake

Oh give it a rest. 😅All managers including Pep and Klopp rely on their assistans. Good people work with good people, not just in football. 

• Haha 1

Â