Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

Just now, villabromsgrove said:

Just a stat to put Villa's size and pull in perspective for those who think Emery and Amorin wouldn't be interested in us .... Villarreal home attendance average last season 17,000+ .... Sporting 25,000+.

A literally meaningless stat.

50,000 people live in Villareal, over a million in Birmingham. Villa would need an average attendance of 300,000 for this comparison to work.

• Like 1

Emery should be the biggest meltdown signing Villa have ever had...  Even more so than Coutinho was.  This is a genuine European elite manager and one of the top 10 in the world in terms of his achievements.  Biggest coup I can remember.  

• Like 4

When he was at Arsenal they finished two points off Chelsea in third place and were third top scorers in the league, they finished with 70 points, that's more points than Arsenal have finished with in any season since he left.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Disappointed. 

Football Insider has just said Vincent Kompany is the new favourite, I'm sure he'd be much better with all his top flight managerial experience. 

spacer.png

Just now, ccfcman said:

50,000 people live in Villareal, over a million in Birmingham. Villa would need an average attendance of 300,000 for this comparison to work.

You're right Villarreal are a team in a very small town, which kind of makes my point valid.They have a 22,000 capacity stadium which they don't fill because their town is so small..  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ccfcman said:

His start works perfectly fine as an absolute, rather than relative value. The point is we are a bigger club and have a larger fan base, which means greater spending power and more media attention. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Bloody hell, I thought the deal was done. So we’ve only made an offer and he is considering it? Wasn’t he practically ready to sign for Newcastle and then pulled out at the last minute. Not over the line yet.

It could be that the press are behind with the news. 

7 minutes ago, useless said:

When he was at Arsenal they finished two points off Chelsea in third place and were third top scorers in the league, they finished with 70 points, that's more points than Arsenal have finished with in any season since he left.

Got them to a Europa league final as well, something they've never done before or since.

4 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

You're right Villarreal are a team in a very small town, which kind of makes my point valid.They have a 22,000 capacity stadium which they don't fill because their town is so small..  

Nah I lost my mind there for a second, my apologies - I just had to interact with some one form our Marketing team and I could feel the braincells evaporating!

If you ever find the chance, get a game in at El Madrigal - it is different.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Bloody hell, I thought the deal was done. So we’ve only made an offer and he is considering it? Wasn’t he practically ready to sign for Newcastle and then pulled out at the last minute. Not over the line yet.

was this the case? i didn't think it was ever really happening