Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

Percy now reporting on it. Negotiations continuing tonight. Apparently we pulled out of a meeting with the reps of Amorim yesterday. 

Which suggests Emery has agreed to join us if we pulled out of Amorim talks.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

My biggest concern is his English. It was excruciating to watch him trying to defend himself in broken English towards the end at Arsenal when he was under pressure. My uneducated guess at the time was he struggled at Arsenal due to the language barrier. I can’t imagine his English has improved much since leaving.  

Really doesn't mean much these days. We've got plenty of Spanish speakers in the squad, especially with Dibu as captain/vice-captain.

8 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

Just reading that Percy article, pulling out of the meeting with Amorim's reps seems to suggest that we've had indication that we've got our man.

Amorin's buy out clause was 8 million, but with add ons paying others whatever, they reckon it added to 25 mill, were not muggs 😳

Overall I’d have been more excited by Amorim. But I think Emery is a decent coach. I’m interested to see what he can do with this side. With Emery I have similar expectations to when Houllier arrived.