Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Chelsea

limpid

Match Polls  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/10/22 at 22:59

4 minutes ago, MackHaakon said:

Excellent first half when we were really on top. Even second half. Shame with the individual errors that spoiled an otherwise good performance. 

Sad to hear booing after what was a solid performance. Just creates such a miserable negative atmosphere that must make the players disconnect with the fans and ultimately make the turnaround much tougher. Hate it.

Can’t tell if joking or not. Nothing better than being on top 1-0 down 

If I wanted to put on rose-coloured glasses, I could say that we lost only because of bad errors by Mings and Emi and because of some brilliant saves by Kepa.

Putting on my Villa Pessimist Glasses, even the first half performance wasn't that good. Chelsea were simply poor. Our midfield still didn't create anything. Of our five good chances, two came from bad Chelsea passes, one came from a good Young pass, and one came from a hopeful long ball. Only one chance was created by midfield, a good pass from Ramsey.

Regardless how the chances were created, the front line did look lively in the first half, Ings in particular. Close call between Young and Ings for my MOTM, but I gave it to Ings.

The second half was devoid of chances. Potter made a few adjustments at halftime and suddenly, we looked like we looked against Forest, Leeds, etc. The second goal sucked any life out of the side and you just knew we had no way back.

As usual, SG's subs didn't help. Buendia for Bailey and Donck for Ramsey looked like simple "fresh legs" subs. Coutinho for McGinn seemed like "throw on an extra attacker and hope it works." I didn't see any real tactical change.

We may have given enough of an illusion of improvement in the first half that NSWE don't pull the trigger tomorrow. Our owners are busy men; if they don't do it tomorrow, but stay around for the Fulham match, you'll know they're thinking about doing it.

5 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Players are letting Gerrard down. Mings had a striker and Martinez should have done better from the freekick and we still cant score despite creating numerous chances. 

Wtf lol. Blind. Best 45 minutes we’ve ever played ever that first half and we still lost it. Poor Stevie. 

Edited by Ingram85

First half good second half shite once Potter shored it up.

Gerrard’s subs meant any cohesion Villa had was lost and as several had said Chelsea didn’t have to get out of 1st gear to win.

Villa look like a relegation team going through the motions so unless something changes quickly that’s exactly what they’re going to get!

Fact is, this league is so competitive you simply have to score when your on top.  We still concede.

First half performance is largely irrelevant, we need wins now and I have no idea where the next one is coming from or how Gerrard can engineer it.

Just now, paul514 said:

At least we played better today. 

We looked better in attack with Ollie as an inside forward and Ings in the middle.....

Totally not the right way to go but it makes his 'system' better

Better, but still no goals. You can play like ***** Man City but if we are not scoring and winning it means shit!!

• Like 1

Â