Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Chelsea

limpid

Match Polls  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/10/22 at 22:59

We look like a relegation team to me we start off well bar Mings mistake have chances to score don't take them and that is that.

The confidence is shot the belief in the manager has gone probably ages ago and our only hope is a change at the top.

Sad times.  Fans just want hope but we turn up with none before a ball is kicked that is not something you get from a couple of games it's over months of the same thing.

Villa fans are called fickle but we we see with our own eyes things are not working and let it be known.

Time for another chapter to start for this historic club.

Watkins is in a deep rut, and at this point, I think his enablers are doing interior decorating in the rut and making him comfortable there. He earned my respect a long time ago, but we need someone who can score -- and we don't have anyone. Even my mates who support other clubs can't understand why we keep counting on him to score. No disrespect, but he needs to go. 

First half wasn't good.

Chelsea were miles off and Potter predictably made pro active changes second half like top managers are supposed to do and what rookie managers struggle to react to.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Who cares if the first half was good. This frauds last premier league wins have come against Southampton, Everton, Burnley, Norwich. 2 of those teams aren't in the premier league now! He should have been gone after the palace game.

The first half wasn't really that good.

Chelsea didn't turn up and made us so good hence all the changes from Potter early in the second half to rectify it.

In the first half all we did was play the percentages and hoof the ball down the channels and try and get on the end of knockdowns which lead to some chances.

The second half Chelsea just took control and from start to finish didn't appear to get out of first gear which was enough to beat us.

Pretty pathetic really.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, skell said:

Accurate to a  tee. Although Watkins played as a winger didn't he?

He did, sorry, I sort of meant playing both Ing and Watkins rather than two up front. 

I thought there was a bit more in the slightly simpler - Waktins-Ings-Bailey combo than the potentially tricker, but tactically complicated Coutinho-Watkins-Buendia front line.

First half he got the tactics correct, we played some decent stuff and created some great chances. Gerrard can’t be faulted for the misses and Mings error. But once Potter made changes at half time we had response, and then when we went 0-2 down Gerrards subs were appalling and lost all chance of any come back. 

Edited by mikeyp102

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

He did, sorry, I sort of meant playing both Ing and Watkins rather than two up front. 

I thought there was a bit more in the slightly simpler - Waktins-Ings-Bailey combo than the potentially tricker, but tactically complicated Coutinho-Watkins-Buendia front line.

Agreed. Plus we need to put teams on the back foot with a winger and only watkins and Bailey can do that. For me I'd start watkins as a winger, he's not the best there but gives balance to the team

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Struggling to blame Gerrard for today, he got the tactics spot on I thought but was let down by individual errors and poor finishing.

awake-wake-up.gif

13 minutes ago, Thug said:

Today is just bad luck.

Honestly felt we were the better side for most of that match.

How on earth we have failed to score is beyond me.

Not blaming Gerrard for today at all.

His subs were crap in fairness. We were probably better team for 60 minutes after that we weren't in the game

15 minutes ago, Thug said:

Today is just bad luck.

It’s not. We didn’t win a football match, again. It can’t be bad luck for almost 12 months. We suck. 

Not on Gerrard, I ain't having it. Admitted there were individual errors, but what if there are errors in the next five, we keep him?? It's all about discipline, if Watkin's knew he would be dropped if he misses anymore sitters he would be trying that little bit harder. It's on the manager regardless.

So, one good 45 in f*** knows how many games against Chelsea, who were missing several key players and in 1st gear and all of a sudden, he should get more games? I don't believe what I read on here sometimes. Seriously, everyone comes on here bitching and complaining for months, not weeks, months. The VP crowd were disappointing today, most had an opportunity to vent at the end of the game and most chose to walk out and go back to moaning online. Makes me laugh tbh.  

There should be no excuses from the club about a minority(the boo boys) being unhappy when 99% are moaning and unhappy. A lot of fans today had an opportunity to let the board know things are unacceptable and yet left it to just a few. 

18 minutes ago, Thug said:

Today is just bad luck.

Agreed, but it’s not down to games like today that we sit a point outside the relegation zone and likely heading for the Championship without a major change. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I won't shed any tears if Gerrard goes, but many of these players are good on paper and FIFA. Not one of them is a game winner. Most are so soft in their head. Mings, Ings and Young are exceptions. 

The squad is considerably stronger than the one who finished 11th, yet even the players who were there then have regressed.

Would Gerrard with the PSG squad at Aston Villa be higher than or current position, of course. Doesn’t mean our current players aren’t better than what we are seeing though, round pegs square holes spring to mind.

Â