Match Thread: Villa v Chelsea

limpid

Less than 1 xG this season.

Unfortunately you need to score goals to win football matches.

It doesn't help we shot ourselves in the foot but lets face it Chelsea were going to score at least one in this game at some point.

Just now, bobzy said:

Not really.  He has his critics - I think most people are of the view that he's a good defender who makes mistakes.  That isn't hating.

Couldn’t disagree more. If he had critics that would be one thing. But go look at majority of England fans and their response is all the same. “He’s shit and is a sunday league player.” Hell, we’ve got posters on here who’ve criticized him for the way he points and chews gum. You don’t see that sort of criticism for other players of ours. And that’s more than just people being critical of his occasion clanger.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, May-Z said:

Villa Park can be a shite place to play sometimes. 

We play a ball backwards to keep possession and it's met with jeers.

Four passes later we've broken around the back and only a couple of great saves have kept the ball out. 

It really doesn't help the players.

Its because fans are fed up with the same rubbish every week. Patience has run out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Crowd boo when we hoof and boo when we retain possession lol. They don't want to see a football match, they want to watch a FIFA game.

A strange concept, but maybe we should try winning a game occasionally.  

2 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I would say there are people who are ready and waiting to jump on anything that could be considered a mistake and go missing when he’s playing well.

Whether that constitutes them as “haters”, is up to your interpretation.

Yeah, I'd probably agree with that.  I think it's generally harder for defenders to receive praise though - and I think what actually happens is also the reverse.  Because Mings gets a lot of criticism, he also gets a lot of praise from those not wanting him to be criticised.  He's critiqued in the extreme :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1