Pre match thread (El Sackico?)

mottaloo

Just now, Tom13 said:

Unless he brings back the Watkins-Ings combo 😐

Ugh, yeah there is that I guess.  We haven't seen that since August. May it stay there. It beat Everton and lost to West Ham.

• Like 1

Bailey being out might not be a bad thing - it lets us bring Buendia in from the start.

If we were to lose this one, I don't think Gerrard would be sacked - I don't think the club are at the 'one bad result' stage yet. I am, but I don't think they are.

Regardless, I think we'll win this one.

• Like 2

On 05/10/2022 at 08:47, Chasetown Villa said:

We will lose this. Their fans will be bang up for it with their first ‘local’ home derby of the season. I can see a scrappy 1-0 loss. Hey, at least that will surely spell the end for that clown Gerrard.

Forest are a threat to score but are horrible defensively !!  I would be shocked to see Villa shut out against them !!

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Bailey being out might not be a bad thing - it lets us bring Buendia in from the start.

If we were to lose this one, I don't think Gerrard would be sacked - I don't think the club are at the 'one bad result' stage yet. I am, but I don't think they are.

Regardless, I think we'll win this one.

I think the manner of the loss and the fans reaction would dictate that - real vitriol and songs from the away fans live on TV I think would turn even Purslow. Steven is lucky it’s not at Villa Park.

30 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I think the manner of the loss and the fans reaction would dictate that - real vitriol and songs from the away fans live on TV I think would turn even Purslow. Steven is lucky it’s not at Villa Park.

There's been very little negativity from fans at the stadium in the last couple of games, either home or away. A defeat would get boos for sure, but unless it's a big one and one that comes in early, I don't think there would be enough noise to finish him off. I just don't think he's a manager teetering on the edge right now.

• Sad 1

Must win from my perspective.

A draw isnt good enough, a loss and gerrard shouldnt even bother giving his post match presser.

This coaching staff has had plenty of time to come up with a good style of play to get the best out of our excellent players.

No excuses, we need to see good wins and see them now.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

This will be our 5th game running live on TV and 6th out of 9 league games. 7 in 10 including the cup. Its like lockdown again. Shame we’re crap and letting the whole world know it.

Yet we only lost one of those 😃. On second thought, keep picking us Sky & BT. Ratings dont matter anyway