Pre match thread (El Sackico?)

mottaloo

Well at least villa won't be spoiling my weekend this time.

For all their Premier league naivety you can bet forest will give it a bloody good go and might fluke a win by the odd, deflected goal. If this proves to be the case then the manager surely has to go ?

The best I can see is a poor 1-1. Hope I am wrong because we need those points badly.

• Like 1

If the result for this one is 0-0, that would be 44 points accrued, having scored 44 goals and conceding 44 since Gerrard walked through the door.

From what would be 36 games which rather undercuts the otherwise perfect symmetry but I’m sure we’d be able to overlook that and appreciate the uniformity.

• Shocked 1

27 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

--------------------------Martinez-------------------------

Cash--------Konsa------------Mings--------Young

-------------------------Dendoncker-----------------------

---------------McGinn--------------Luiz-------------------

Buendia----------------------------------------Coutinho

---------------------------Watkins---------------------------

I'd try Ramsey in Coutinho's position, have some more space to run into and less emphasis on keeping possesion out wide.

In my view this is the best starting 11 we have for the Nottingham match.

------—-—----Chambers——Luiz---------------------

Bailey——————Buendia--------------Ramsey

---------------------------Archer----------------------------

It would be solid defensively.

It would allow us to play out from the back, and not hoof the ball forward. Normally we only have one DM so it too easy to mark, and then the defence have no one in midfield to play into.

Going forward we should be able to build some pressure, since Chambers/Luiz/Buendia should be able to keep some possessions in the middle of the park,.

But we all know that Gerrard would start with more or less the same team as against Leeds, the only change would be Cash, if he is fit again.

15 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I'd try Ramsey in Coutinho's position, have some more space to run into and less emphasis on keeping possesion out wide.

It worked against Man City but this is Forest.

Just now, pacbuddies said:

Watching Forest at Leicester they have no discernable pattern of play. If we can't beat shit like them then Gerrard has to be sacked!

Was just thinking this. I can definitely imagine if we lose to this shit, on a Monday night at a buzzing City ground, the away Villa fans could turn very quickly. I think that sort of reaction could spell the end for him.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

If the result for this one is 0-0, that would be 44 points accrued, having scored 44 goals and conceding 44 since Gerrard walked through the door.

From what would be 36 games which rather undercuts the otherwise perfect symmetry but I’m sure we’d be able to overlook that and appreciate the uniformity.

So you’re telling me Gerrard is the human equivalent of a 0-0 draw?

3 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Was just thinking this. I can definitely imagine if we lose to this shit, on a Monday night at a buzzing City ground, the away Villa fans could turn very quickly. I think that sort of reaction could spell the end for him.

I sincerely hope so.

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

So you’re telling me Gerrard is the human equivalent of a 0-0 draw?

I suppose if the next match is goalless, then statistically he’s more like a 1.22-1.22 draw.

Great if you play the pools.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

Watching Forest at Leicester they have no discernable pattern of play. If we can't beat shit like them then Gerrard has to be sacked!

Only problem is that neither do we. However we should be strong enough to beat them just by being the better of the bad.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

-------------------------Dendoncker-----------------------

---------------McGinn--------------Luiz-------------------

Buendia----------------------------------------Coutinho

---------------------------Watkins---------------------------

Is Cash expected to be back?