Pre match thread (El Sackico?)

mottaloo

13 minutes ago, picicata said:

Has to be a win. No excuses.

100%. I have no confidence in our side to get it though. Wouldnt surprise me one bit if it ends up like that game at Bramall Lane when they were rooted to the bottom of the league and we just couldnt score. Remember that crazy dribble in the box by Traore just to blaze it wide 😔 

Will he survive anything other than a convincing win and performance? I hope not

Edited by BleedClaretAndBlue

If we don't get 3 points from this, surely that's him done isn't it?

If we can't beat them, what hope have we got of enough points to stay up...

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

You just know cooper is gonna be sacked tomorrow meaning we have to face a new manager next week making it more challenging

100%. 'New manager bounce' and all that.

Don't think Konsa is - to quote our manager - his 'best version' of himself this season and Bednarek looked more than capable at Elland Road so would go with him next to Tyrone. Bit concerned about Young at LB, think he's a bit limited on that side on his weaker foot now his pace has gone but quite frankly, who else have we got?!

Martinez

Bednarek        Mings

Cash                                              A.Young

McGinn  Luiz  Ramsey

Buendia          Ings           Coutinho

Subs: Olsen, Konsa, Dendoncker, Bailey, Archer, Watkins, Sanson, Nakamba, Bogarde.

Make or break for Stevie boy, me thinks.

Anything less than a win would be the final indictment of his capability, and so some Villa fans will no doubt be supporting Forest for this one.

Forest were pretty poor against Leicester and missed a couple of excellent chances which would have made it halfway respectable.

Leicester enjoyed a chunk of luck with the opening from Maddison, which filled them with confidence - the deflection which looped the ball over goalkeeper Henderson's head, was ignored by the headline writers.

Villa definitely need to show their class and enjoy better luck if they are to negotiate this potential banana-skin.

1 hour ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Make or break for Stevie boy, me thinks.

Anything less than a win would be the final indictment of his capability, and so some Villa fans will no doubt be supporting Forest for this one.

Agreed. I think this is the game that will force NSWE's hands if we don't win comfortably. I think he might even be in trouble if we scrap an uncomfortable/undeserving win

We really really need to win this one....But,they will be prepared.They know Buendia will come on with 30 minutes to go,so they will prepare for that.They know that if they can cut Watkins scoring chances to about 6,then he wont score.

15 hours ago, pacbuddies said:

They are bottom of the league. They have won one game all season. They have lost 5 on the bounce. They have a -15 goal difference. I will accept nothing less than 3 points.

don't get me wrong, neither do I. this is a must win purely on principle.

• Like 1

On 03/10/2022 at 12:33, viivvaa66 said:

In my view this is the best starting 11 we have for the Nottingham match.

--------------------------Martinez-------------------------

Cash--------Konsa------------Mings--------Young

------—-—----Chambers——Luiz---------------------

Bailey——————Buendia--------------Ramsey

---------------------------Archer----------------------------

It would be solid defensively.

It would allow us to play out from the back, and not hoof the ball forward. Normally we only have one DM so it too easy to mark, and then the defence have no one in midfield to play into.

Going forward we should be able to build some pressure, since Chambers/Luiz/Buendia should be able to keep some possessions in the middle of the park,.

But we all know that Gerrard would start with more or less the same team as against Leeds, the only change would be Cash, if he is fit again.

I like that. But then I think at this stage I'd like any 4-2-3-1, and I know it won't be used.

• Like 1