Pre match thread (El Sackico?)

mottaloo

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

Mad to see that we’ll got 9th if we win tonight :o

It absolutely is, but the downside is we’ve played on the whole some of the weaker teams in the league. So In someways we’d be in a false position. Let’s see if we can manage a win first. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Yep I’m in the meh crowd. All the enthusiasm from previous seasons has turned into a barely bothered about Villa now.

Enthusiasm on here, are you sure ?

Just now, WallisFrizz said:

Yet we’re amongst the relegation pack if we lose. Shows how early in the season it still is. 

I'm not sure it''s that - I think outside of the top six (and maybe Brighton and Newcastle) there are so many teams at a similar level that we're going to see everyone moving up and down the table for the whole season, we just have to hope we're in the right place when game 38 comes.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm not sure it''s that - I think outside of the top six (and maybe Brighton and Newcastle) there are so many teams at a similar level that we're going to see everyone moving up and down the table for the whole season, we just have to hope we're in the right place when game 38 comes.

Yeah, it's silly to try and make a relegation argument at this stage when the league is this tight. Just six points separates 8th and 18th.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Yep the point is even with a win we are only 11 points after 9 games with the third easiest fixture start.  We’ll have harder games to come and our performances aren’t great at the moment and we’ve only scored 6 goals in 8 games.  We are struggling with the team, as long as that continues it’s going to be a hard long season never mind what other teams do.  We know that low forties points will get us a bottom seven league position most likely at that run rate.

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Yeah, it's silly to try and make a relegation argument at this stage when the league is this tight. Just six points separates 8th and 18th.

Yep, below forty points puts you in the relegation fight.  Forty to fifty points most likely bottom half, greater than fifty most likely top half.  If we win tonight 11 points in 9 games gives a run rate of the second group, lose and run rate is struggling.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

They keep commenting that Forest pitch is a very big pitch which suits us, and can see us enjoying this etc.

We do play better with space to be fair 

Yep, it’s small spaces like goal mouths where we struggle 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Mantis said:

If we lose tonight do people actually think he will be sacked? Obviously he should be, but I do fear that we could lose and he'll still be here.

No I don’t think so.  I obviously want him fired whatever but I don’t think a particular result will push them over the edge, it will be over a period imo