Pre match thread (El Sackico?)

mottaloo

City playing a 442 tonight, can we just try something different.

If we see a midfield 3 of Luiz Ramsey and McGinn I’ll cry.

——————-Martinez———————
Cash — Konsa— Mings—- Young
Buendia Luiz Dendoncker Bailey
——————Ings Archer——————

With the clubs future and the fans best interest at heart, I'm hoping Nottingham Forest win this game and give us a good hiding. 
A few Reason is: Gerrard gets the sack, we get to enjoy watching football again, Buendia starts, Archer gets gametime and the future looks brighter.  
End this Misery now for once and for all!

Like Henry Hill says in the Goodfellas " “The way I saw it, everybody takes a beating sometime.”

So COME ON FOREST! 

Edited by messi11
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think you have to keep faith with Watkins. He's the best suited of our strikers to the role as we play it and I think we're more likely to have a successful season by getting him working than by trying to adjust to Ings. He needs confidence and this is an opportunity to get him scoring in a win.

Well, it could actually be worse, he could have scored zero goals in eight games, at least he has scored one, phew. But watching the Leeds game on TV even I got frustrated with him (and I've been one of his loyal fans). He really really needs to score again in the next two games, yikes. :s

• Like 1

11 hours ago, duke313 said:

——————-Martinez———————
——————Ings Archer——————

Prepare to cry

• Like 1

13 hours ago, duke313 said:

——————-Martinez———————
——————Ings Archer——————

No chance.

Gerrard is far too busy turning us into a terrible version of Liverpool.

Not sure I can watch the game and hope we lose but if Forrest nick this I won't be upset....

I have reached the "Glenn Whelan missing the penalty" point.

I didn't want him to miss the penalty until he did, and then I was glad he did...

• Like 1

You never know with these things, but I would say a loss (or maybe a draw) and Gerrard is gone, a win and he might be safe for a bit… feels like a stay of execution thought really rather than safety as he’s going to go, it’s just when 

14 hours ago, messi11 said:

With the clubs future and the fans best interest at heart, I'm hoping Nottingham Forest win this game and give us a good hiding. 
A few Reason is: Gerrard gets the sack, we get to enjoy watching football again, Buendia starts, Archer gets gametime and the future looks brighter.  
End this Misery now for once and for all!

Like Henry Hill says in the Goodfellas " “The way I saw it, everybody takes a beating sometime.”

So COME ON FOREST! 

I don’t think he will be sacked even if we lose against Nottingham. If the decision to sack was based on football and result reasons, he would have been gone already.

If the club came out and said that Gerrard would 100% be gone if we lost against Forest, I maybe reluctantly hope that Nottingham wins. There is no way the club would do that, so I will hope for us to win, since it will be the last match this year where we realistically can hope for a win.

The match is on TV, but I’m not sure if I want to watch it. The performance is going to be so bad that even if we win, I will be seriously depressed by the end of it.

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

If this finishes 0-0/1-1 could both managers get the sack afterwards? Wonder if that has ever happened before

We could also see Hassenhutl and Rodgers sacked this weekend too.  

Edited by duke313

Just now, PeterSw said:

If this finishes 0-0/1-1 could both managers get the sack afterwards? Wonder if that has ever happened before

I don't know if that has ever happened before. It would be a 'sackio classico'. 

• Haha 1

Will be a half chance or a scrum in the box that wins this game.

Forest have played both the 352 and the 4231 but more the 352 this season. I expect Cooper to read the scouting report on Villa and go back to the 352. Villa are not a team capable of breaking down the low block so they will clog the middle and we will hit hopeless crosses.

But maybe MacPhee can conjure up another set piece routine that will result in a goal. That's the only way I see this scoring.

I don't rate any of our options lining up against them. Bailey (if available) will have a tough time finding any space if Forest sit back. Watkins will be running into brick walls. This is a game crying out for Ings and Buendia but will Gerrard have enough sense to see that? I doubt it, but surely he knows that's the right thing to do in the back of his mind.

I would not be surprised to see his away lineup that we've seen twice this year.

Cash-Konsa-Mings-Young

JJ-Luiz-McGinn

Buendia-Watkins-Coutinho

In Gerrard's mind, this midfield can "control" the game (laughable) and he's going to try and conjure up some magic out of the front three. The problem is - as gifted as Buendia and Coutinho are - you can't just thread the needle with two small players and an inefficient finisher. I would prefer to line up.

Cash-Konsa-Mings-Young

Buendia-Luiz-Dendocker-Coutinho

Archer-Ings

You are giving up a lot of defensive solidity with this lineup - but Forest can be got at if you have numbers in their final third. Sadly, I don't think we will ever see this lineup

Looking like Bailey probably isn't available. Pity for him but could make our line-up more interesting given that Buendia has to start now surely.

22 minutes ago, BOF said:

Looking like Bailey probably isn't available. Pity for him but could make our line-up more interesting given that Buendia has to start now surely.

Unless he brings back the Watkins-Ings combo 😐

• Sad 1