Pre match thread (El Sackico?)

mottaloo

Three points and nothing less will do. They are pretty woeful.

Hopefully Cash will be back and if we lose Bailey at least we have Buendia, who is overdue a start.

Watkins, Ings or Archer is really the only other consideration.  Ings for me here.

Martinez

Cash             Konsa        Mings           Young

Luiz

McGinn             Ramsey 

Buendia                                           Coutinho

Ings

Subs: Olsen, Bogarde, Bednarek, Chambers, Sanson, Dendoncker, Bailey, Watkins, Archer.

No excuses now and please no more “it’s on me”.  O-3 to us and no more injuries please! UTV

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Three points and nothing less will do. They are pretty woeful.

Hopefully Cash will be back and if we lose Bailey at least we have Buendia, who is overdue a start.

Watkins, Ings or Archer is really the only other consideration.  Ings for me here.

Martinez

Cash             Konsa        Mings           Young

Luiz

McGinn             Ramsey 

Buendia                                           Coutinho

Ings

Subs: Olsen, Bogarde, Bednarek, Chambers, Sanson, Dendoncker, Bailey, Watkins, Archer.

No excuses now and please no more “it’s on me”.  O-3 to us and no more injuries please! UTV

If Forest man mark Luiz in that formation, then our defence cannot play out from the back. They are then forced to go long, and Ings is an even worse target man then Watkins.
Then the chances for Gerrard being sacked on Tuesday goes up, in that sense the formation is perfect.

If we want to win, I think we need to play 4-2-3-1. Luiz together with either Chambers or Sanson as defensive midfield. Then Buendia, Coutinho and Ramsey in front of them. Then Ings as a lone striker could work. Luckily Gerrard would never going play something this, so no chance I get exposed as clueless babbling buffoon 🤣

On 05/10/2022 at 12:21, Talldarkandransome said:

He's created a new level of finishing below The Heskey level. 

It must be a confidence thing cos he's getting in the positions, he just can't finish

Re. Watkins

I was interested to hear on the Villa Talks podcast that the xG from his chances this season is 2 (0.8 of that was in the Leeds game). So yes he is underperforming and using your eyes it looks like he’s not doing well (!) but statistically we aren’t providing him with amazing chances.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, chappy said:

Re. Watkins

I was interested to hear on the Villa Talks podcast that the xG from his chances this season is 2 (0.8 of that was in the Leeds game). So yes he is underperforming and using your eyes it looks like he’s not doing well (!) but statistically we aren’t providing him with amazing chances.

He's also having to do all the dog work up front by trying to control all the hoofs upfield towards him. I'd cut him a bit of slack. Hard to have composure when you're chasing lost causes for 90% of the match.

• Like 2

I know what i'd like to see but also know what we're going to get!

With injuries mounting up and Gerrad will be too afraid to try and win the game so will set us up not to lose and we'll have a relatively unchanged starting XI (except for injuries)

Gerrard will go for:

Emi

Cash.Konsa.Mings.Young

McGinn.Luiz.Ramsey

Coutinho

Watkins.Ings

I'd like to see us line up as follows:

Emi

Cash.Konsa.Mings.Young

Luiz.Dendonker.McGinn

Buendia.Ramsey

Watkins

2-0 Villa win, i don't think it will be pretty and will probably be a bore fest for the neutral but we have tightened up defensively and Coutinho has to get one sooner or later, ditto for watkins. We are poor in midfield but they are even worse! 11 points on the board by 10pm on Monday imo

• Like 1

On 07/10/2022 at 13:30, Pinebro said:

Monday game at least. 

So Gerrard can't ruin my weekend again. 

Monday night will be ruined but it will all be worth it when Gerrard gets the sack the following day

• Like 1

1 hour ago, messi11 said:

Monday night will be ruined but it will all be worth it when Gerrard gets the sack the following day

Agreed. 

Come on forest! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

Lose the battle win the war I guess.

Who can say next the manager may turn out not to be the saviour it’s happened plenty of times in the past and not only to us.

1 minute ago, smg said:

Who can say next the manager may turn out not to be the saviour it’s happened plenty of times in the past and not only to us.

That is always the risk. A risk a lot of us are willing to take atm.