Pre match thread (El Sackico?)

mottaloo

Villa need a win to continue to build on some solid results.

A 5-0 win would put us ninth in the table. Any win would put us tenth and one place above Liverplop and only three behind Brighton who many seem to use as a yardstick at he moment.

50 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Villa need a win to continue to build on some solid results.

A 5-0 win would put us ninth in the table. Any win would put us tenth and one place above Liverplop and only three behind Brighton who many seem to use as a yardstick at he moment.

Why 5-0? Any win will put us 9th, us and Fulham both have -4 goals difference currently.

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Why 5-0? Any win will put us 9th, us and Fulham both have -4 goals difference currently.

Apologies I should have clarified I would also like us to improve our goal difference to +1.

Seemed obvious to me, I should know to really spell things out on the forum.

11 hours ago, il_serpente said:

All those hoping Gerrard will be sacked if we don't win are going to be disappointed, I'm afraid.   The only way I see him going is a downright embarrassing multi-goal loss from an abysmal performance, and I'm afraid he'd probably still get another game even if that were to happen.   I think we need to keep hoping for Villa to win matches.  If it happens often enough we'll move up the table.   If it doesn't, Gerrard will eventually get the sack for underperforming but hopefully without us being adrift in the relegation zone already.

Chelsea at home would be that game. Live on Sky when Chukwuemeka slots it home for 3-0 😳

22 hours ago, smg said:

Villa fan wanting the opposition to win. Wow.

It's a sad state of affairs that it has come to this but this is where we're at. 

Gerrard is possibly the worst manager in the top 2 divisions in England. 

Short term pain for long term gain. 

What I would say for Gerrard is that say we win and go mid table, is the squad actually any better than that? Recruitment has been so poor since promotion and I think we only have one or two players that are above mid table standard. 

Would love to see us build on the recent improvements and take the 3 points.  Cash should be back and im expecting Emi to slot in with Coutinho.

Id have liked Ings to get a good run out but i cant see SG dropping Watkins away from home, he offers too much defending from the front.

A win puts us in the top half, unbeaten in 4, that a million miles from where we were.

It's a funny one today.

My head say's I would love to lose this game so that Gerrard gets the boot and we move onto better things.

But realistically I want us to win the game, and not ruin my week with a wasted trip to Nottingham. Regardless of whether Gerrard stays or goes, this is a game we should be winning and it's a game that we'll look back on later in the season as a game we missed 3 points on if we don't take them. If we end up with a new manager in the second half of the season these 3 points could be vital to our final position.

In my opinion Gerrard won't last the season, there are very few performances in his tenure that give me any hope that he can turn our current form around. And if I'm honest I don't want him to. But there are games to come where he can prove how inept he is, Chelsea next week can be a start.

You only have to look at the perfomances of teams such as QPR,  Brighton, Newcastle & Arsenal to see the difference a manager and club with a defined strategy can make. They are all on an upward trajectory whilst our club seem's to be falling away.

Anyway on to 3 points, regardless of the performance that accompanies it.

Edited by wilko154