Pre match thread (El Sackico?)

mottaloo

On 08/10/2022 at 11:28, Villa87 said:

Emi

Cash Konsa Mings Young 

Luiz Dendonker

Buendia Coutinho Watkins 

Archer

As much chance as pigs flying but this is how I would set up. 

Rather play Ramsey on the left than Watkins. Nothing about Watkins game suggests he’d be good as a left sided attacking player. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Rather play Ramsey on the left than Watkins. Nothing about Watkins game suggests he’d be good as a left sided attacking player. 

True that! Just thought his work rate might help away from home especially. 

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Watkins was good on the left in that 7-2 v LFC. If only he could repeat that performance! It seems so long ago now.

With what we have, I'd quite like to see:

-----------------------Martinez---------------------

Cash-------Konsa-------Mings------Young

-------------Dendoncker----Luiz---------------

Buendia----------McGinn---------Coutinho

------------------------Watkins---------------------

Or the same with Ramsey in for McGinn.

I mean, I'm not going to see that, but it looks to me a better balance than the one we will see and gives us a bit more in the middle of the park.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

A draw should have Gerrard out. Actually anything but a convincing win wouldn't be moody.

If this is the case, I would take a draw rather than a loss. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Bailey and Watkins shouldn’t start this match. They’ve been mostly terrible all season, Watkins especially. 

I read an article recently saying that Bailey is most affective and started most matches in Germany on the left wing, which begs the question why he starts sort of wide ish right for us????

5 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

I read an article recently saying that Bailey is most affective and started most matches in Germany on the left wing, which begs the question why he starts sort of wide ish right for us????

I think he prefers to play on the right. To be honest, I think he cuts a lost figure at the moment. Drifts in and out of games, looks lightweight and has very little end product. Maybe that will change with a different manager, not sure.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

He scored his first goal playing on the left, an what a goal it was.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think he prefers to play on the right. To be honest, I think he cuts a lost figure at the moment. Drifts in and out of games, looks lightweight and has very little end product. Maybe that will change with a different manager, not sure.

he seems to play better when the ball is in front of him and when we break at speed

we rarely show any pace movement or attempt many through balls, which begs the question why do we have Coutinho?

Bailey has looked really poor when drifting wide and taking on people because he always waits to long to make a decision and gets dispossessed easily

All those hoping Gerrard will be sacked if we don't win are going to be disappointed, I'm afraid.   The only way I see him going is a downright embarrassing multi-goal loss from an abysmal performance, and I'm afraid he'd probably still get another game even if that were to happen.   I think we need to keep hoping for Villa to win matches.  If it happens often enough we'll move up the table.   If it doesn't, Gerrard will eventually get the sack for underperforming but hopefully without us being adrift in the relegation zone already.

• Like 1