A Full English Breakfast

villa4europe

Christmas breakfast in our house is a joint of gammon I cook on Christmas eve, sliced and used to make gammon and fried egg sandwiches. Grandparents coming later in the morning get a sandwich and any remaining gammon gets added to the Christmas dinner. The kids love it.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

I'm torn between two threads now. How about if there are any pigs in blankets left over (ha!), a breakfast sandwich from them on Boxing Day afternoon.

0_19130-Greggs-Christmas-Product-PR-Images-Pigs-Under-Blankets-Baguette.jpg

Greggs 

From £3.50

543 Calories

Available in shops nationwide

Pork sausages with smoked sweetcure bacon topped with pork, onion & sage stuffing and cranberry and port sauce in a crusty white baguette.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/greggs-launches-full-festive-menu-25460915

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

Greggs 

From £3.50

543 Calories

Pork sausages with smoked sweetcure bacon topped with pork, onion & sage stuffing and cranberry and port sauce in a crusty white baguette.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/greggs-launches-full-festive-menu-25460915

To think I could be getting filled with a foot long of pork meat for just £3.50

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Greggs 

From £3.50

543 Calories

Needs more pig.

3 hours ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Christmas breakfast in our house is a joint of gammon I cook on Christmas eve, sliced and used to make gammon and fried egg sandwiches. Grandparents coming later in the morning get a sandwich and any remaining gammon gets added to the Christmas dinner. The kids love it.

My wife's decided to try doing a gammon for our breakfast on Christmas morning. Going to pop it in the slow cooker overnight. 

Hopefully goes well! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Greggs 

From £3.50

543 Calories

Always with the **** cranberry

• Like 2

On 11/12/2022 at 10:23, HKP90 said:

CUCUMBER?!?!

"A cucumber should be well sliced, and dressed with pepper and vinegar, and then thrown out as good for nothing"

SAMUEL JOHNSON (1709-1784) 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

"A cucumber should be well sliced, and dressed with pepper and vinegar, and then thrown out as good for nothing"

Amen

36 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I'm quite partial to pickled cucumber, albeit not for breakfast.  Not a cucumber pickled whole as that would be disgusting (and akin to a gherkin) but slice one up thinly and leave it soaked in malt vinegar for a few days and it's lovely.  Do not add any onion or tomato to pickle alongside it however as that too would be disgusting.  Also don't get me started on pickled eggs... :puke:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Â