A Full English Breakfast

villa4europe

On 11/12/2022 at 00:14, bickster said:

'merica

fpahltuop01a1.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

Yes those are roast potatoes and refried beans, the sausages look like they could be fired out of a HIMARS and that looks like breaded ham heated on a grill for some reason and that reason isn't obvious as they have typical American incinerated streaky bacon there too

Sorry but need to remove the green, far too healthy.  Looks they have tried but not the essential ingredients. The bacon, egg, potato and mushroom look acceptable. Not sure on the rest.

12 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Michael : I could do you a cup of beans.

Alan : A cup of beans?

Michael : Have you never had a cup of beans, man? Oh, aye, aye, you're in for a treat here!

Michael : There you go. As ordered, one cup of beans. And I've put a sausage in and all. So, it's a Michael special.

Alan  : Marvellous. Lovely. It's like, sort of, like a savoury 99.

Michael : Aye, aye! You use the sausage for to scoop the beans oot.

Alan  : Oh, I see, yeah. Have you got a spoon?

Michael : No.

Alan  : You haven't got a spoon?

First thing I thought of as well

• Haha 2

Had a spoons brekkie earlier today.

Tasted ok, but presentation was 1/10. Was like Animal from the Muppets had served it up. Bean juice everywhere.

Broken Britain! :( 

• Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

On 11/12/2022 at 01:14, bickster said:

'merica

fpahltuop01a1.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

Yes those are roast potatoes and refried beans, the sausages look like they could be fired out of a HIMARS and that looks like breaded ham heated on a grill for some reason and that reason isn't obvious as they have typical American incinerated streaky bacon there too

That sunflower mug can **** right off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

This thread still doing?   It's all about the Christmas Dinner now. Get with the times dudes.

What about Full English Christmas breakfast? Personally it's just a bacon sandwich, but I've heard of people having the works.

7 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

What about Full English Christmas breakfast? Personally it's just a bacon sandwich, but I've heard of people having the works.

We tend to have bacon, tomato and mushroom on toast. Save on the egg as don't want to be filled up too much before the morning fizz. And then nibbles, full xmas roast, mince pies, followed by sandwiches,  cheese, nuts, cake, and liquors. And then the meat sweats.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I do all the constituent parts of a Full English on Christmas morning, then just let people choose what they want. Then skip normal lunch, and have Christmas dinner at about 4pm.

• Like 1

Christmas day I tend to stick to cereal, it used to be a bacon sandwich when the family got up but as it got later and later, it would be a bacon sandwich at 11 and then Christmas dinner after top of the pops. Now its cereal at around 6.

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Bacon sandwich for me, probably with black pudding or egg or both

Its the only time of year I'll go to a butchers and get the good stuff

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Risso said:

Hash browns have absolutely no place whatsoever on a Full English. Heathens.

They do but like I said before you've got to nuke them and make them really crunchy, they're there for texture

McDonald's and spoons both do good hash browns for that reason

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

When my sister and family used to turn up early, I was the one who would be cooking the full works.  Can't do it now, too much hassle (I'd have about 5 pans on the go as well as things under the grill etc) and people weren't really hungry for the main event.  Now it's just a drop of brandy ("Merry Christmas Dad!") and smoked salmon on toast.  

• Like 2

Â