A Full English Breakfast

villa4europe

11 hours ago, bickster said:

Apparently there is someone in Berlin serving this as a Full English Breakfast

At least @Xelawould be happy :D

5NwIuq31Hn-q2tIdHN6FSgED3uzllqqtFeAF40g3

Whilst it wasn’t quite thst bad, that brings back a memory of when I was posted in Germany after I joined the Army. 

It was the first time I’d ever been abroad and I’d never come across a continental breakfast before. I still remember waking up to breakfast in bed after I pulled some German girl and being utterly confused at why she thought dried meats, fruits and cheeses should be served as a breakfast 🤣

10 hours ago, bickster said:

'merica

fpahltuop01a1.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

Yes those are roast potatoes and refried beans, the sausages look like they could be fired out of a HIMARS and that looks like breaded ham heated on a grill for some reason and that reason isn't obvious as they have typical American incinerated streaky bacon there too

In fairness that does look like someone tried, but did not have access to suitable materials. As I understand it baked beans are not a thing over there.

9 hours ago, av1 said:

Whilst it wasn’t quite thst bad, that brings back a memory of when I was posted in Germany after I joined the Army. 

It was the first time I’d ever been abroad and I’d never come across a continental breakfast before. I still remember waking up to breakfast in bed after I pulled some German girl and being utterly confused at why she thought dried meats, fruits and cheeses should be served as a breakfast 🤣

Breakfast lunch and tea

To be fair to my in laws for breakfast they pretty much empty their fridge, impressive selection of meats and cheeses, I'm then the obvious dirty foreigner cos I make a sandwich whereas they just top one slice of bread or even cut a bread roll in half

They will then do it again at least once more per day, they usually eat proper cooked food for lunch and then for tea they'll empty the fridge again and eat the same thing, if they're too lazy yo cook they'll do it for all 3 meals

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Breakfast lunch and tea

To be fair to my in laws for breakfast they pretty much empty their fridge, impressive selection of meats and cheeses, I'm then the obvious dirty foreigner cos I make a sandwich whereas they just top one slice of bread or even cut a bread roll in half

They will then do it again at least once more per day, they usually eat proper cooked food for lunch and then for tea they'll empty the fridge again and eat the same thing, if they're too lazy yo cook they'll do it for all 3 meals

After the confusion of being in a foreign country for the first time I grew to love Germany and regret leaving after only 3yrs and not taking the opportunity to learn the language. 

I’d love to move back, even if it did mean cheese for breakfast 🤣

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Christ alive. Is this still going????? 

Bicks seems to have found a website displaying pictures of appalling breakfasts. 

Only on Villa Talk I have learned so many new technical terms and important things to consider that are critical for a proper English breakfast:-

Baked bean juice segregation and how important it is and how it causes degradation of the whole breakfast experience

Toast type (granary or white etc? - but never French bread)

Fried bread (but never with toast as well)

Butter pre loaded or left in a small packet for user to smear on, or in a separate mini dish?

Butter viscosity

Tomatoes yes or no?, tinned or not?, in a separate dish or combined with the whole breakfast?

Black or white pudding? but never both

Bacon cooked correctly to the same properties of a plastic rule (i.e. held at one end the bacon should remain horizontal and never droop)

Sausages size, shape and black or not on the outside

HP or tomato sauce (never both)

Fried eggs cooked correctly

Mushrooms? (absolutely not)

Hash browns? up for debate, essential if no toast or fried bread available

Tea or coffee?.....always English breakfast tea

Buffet style or not? and is it good form to go up again for second helping?

And no salad stuff like cucumber, cress, sprouts or lettuce should make itself present within the confines of the English Breakfast

What else have I left off?? You can tell I am slacking at work today 😉

VTID

Derek

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

Buffet style or not? and is it good form to go up again for second helping?

many a hungover morning at a premier inn or similar have i gone up for 2nds and essentially had 2 fry ups. it's absolutely good form IMO

• Haha 1

Â