A Full English Breakfast

villa4europe

10 hours ago, delboy54 said:

No HP sauce and no butter on the toast....I mean the toast isn't even on it's own plate, high risk of bean juice soaking into the toast,  and two portions of beans ???......poor effort

I’ve said this before on here, but HP sauce is gross. I don’t understand the obsession

• Sad 4

7 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Have you tried HP Fruity? It's that over the more common one in every scenario for me.

No I just tried the regular stuff on my one visit to England. I found it disgusting, but everyone seems to love it over there. Just not my thing, I guess.

That being said, I put ketchup on my eggs, so I’m probably not normal.

30 minutes ago, MNVillan said:

No I just tried the regular stuff on my one visit to England. I found it disgusting, but everyone seems to love it over there. Just not my thing, I guess.

it’s a different beast, but it’s still got the kind of vinegary base, just more…fruity.

Scrambled eggs and ketchup is good, no other types though.

1 hour ago, MNVillan said:

That’s fine. Poached egg on toast, with tomato sauce is a good nourishing feed.

Just now, Risso said:

I humbly submit this I took of a FEB I made a few years ago on the IOM (so technically a Full manx Breakfast, but I digress). The bacon isn't burnt by the way, it was locally smoked from the same people who did kippers, so it was faia bit black in places its uncooked state.

Let's have it.

IMG_5282.jpeg

I see nothing wrong with that, that is pretty much the expected, lesser people will want the beans in a pot, not me, thats a perfect full english.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Risso said:

I humbly submit this I took of a FEB I made a few years ago on the IOM (so technically a Full Manx Breakfast, but I digress). The bacon isn't burnt by the way, it was locally smoked from the same people who did kippers, so it was a bit black in places in its uncooked state.

Let's have it.

IMG_5282.jpeg

I'd be putting black pepper on the eggs but that ticks all the boxes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Risso said:

I humbly submit this I took of a FEB I made a few years ago on the IOM (so technically a Full Manx Breakfast, but I digress). The bacon isn't burnt by the way, it was locally smoked from the same people who did kippers, so it was a bit black in places in its uncooked state.

Let's have it.

IMG_5282.jpeg

Black pepper and brown sauce, and job's a good 'un.

2 hours ago, Risso said:

Let's have it.

IMG_5282.jpeg

I’d be happy with that 👏

2 hours ago, Risso said:

Let's have it.

IMG_5282.jpeg

Hang on, are we all in agreement on VT (that alone will be a first !)...that this is the perfect FEB....? Technically it's as Risso said a Manx breakfast.

I would be a little concerned regarding bean juice issues, and whole meal or brown toast would be a minor improvement, but a good effort .... B+

Â