A Full English Breakfast

villa4europe

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

Morrisons cafe, quick and dirty. 

It’s far from my dream Full English and I can make far better but it’s pretty good alternative for £5.99. 

6.5/10 

Yeah that looks OK for a cheapy, though the tomato looks totally undercooked, needs charring 

Obviously triangular toast and no side plate for it are minus points

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Yeah that looks OK for a cheapy, though the tomato looks totally undercooked, needs charring 

Obviously triangular toast and no side plate for it are minus points

White toast too is a minus point, I would usually order a side of brown toast no butter and make a bacon and egg sandwich out of it, but I’m on my own today and want to get out of here quickly. 

On 28/11/2022 at 11:46, Follyfoot said:

The 'common' full English breakfast is a substantial meal consisting of back bacon, eggs, British sausage, baked beans, bubble and squeak, fried tomato, fried mushrooms, black pudding, with fried and toasted bread on the side.

These ingredients may vary depending on where in the Great Britain you happen to be and are a subject that is still open to (sometimes quite fierce) debate, we acknowledge this, so please stop writing to us saying that they are wrong, these are the right ingredients in our learned opinion.

https://englishbreakfastsociety.com/full-english-breakfast.html

strong words from the regulator 

I am sorry bubble and squeak should be nowhere near a fried breakfast. Plus it is suspiciously green for a fry up.

2 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

White toast too is a minus point, I would usually order a side of brown toast no butter

Hell, NO!!! I don't mind brown bread in a sandwich, but NEVER for toast, it MUST be white. And slathered in butter! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

I am sorry bubble and squeak should be nowhere near a fried breakfast. Plus it is suspiciously green for a fry up.

I fully agree but that is the stance of the regulator, hard to fathom the thinking 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

White toast too is a minus point,

Oh no sir, that hipster brown shite has no place on a good fry up. There really is no need to kid yourself that you are being healthy. It's a heart attack on a plate, the brown bread will not save you

• Haha 2

Just now, bickster said:

Oh no sir, that hipster brown shite has no place on a good fry up. There really is no need to kid yourself that you are being healthy. It's a heart attack on a plate, the brown bread will not save you

Honestly, I prefer it. Why eat boring, flavourless bleached white bread when you have wonderful brown or granary with grains and seeds. Much nicer!

• Like 1

Toast without butter for the purposes of a bacon and egg sandwich is acceptable. I wouldn’t eat plain toast without butter, that’s be like chewing cardboard.

A bacon and egg sandwich doesn't involve toast, for me. Ideally a soft bap, lightly buttered. 

• Like 1

Honestly, I prefer it. Why eat boring, flavourless bleached white bread when you have wonderful brown or granary with grains and seeds. Much nicer!

Because that hipster bollocks doesn't get lodged between your teeth

I detest granary bread, or anything with seeds. Wholemeal (not toasted) is acceptable, at a pinch. 

Â