A Full English Breakfast

villa4europe

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

A bacon and egg sandwich doesn't involve toast, for me. Ideally a soft bap, lightly buttered. 

I’m talking explicitly about making up a sandwich from your full English. I always do it, the bacon and eggs get whacked on whatever toast or bread comes with and it’s like a little extra breakfast. 

• Like 1

Just now, It's Your Round said:

I’m talking explicitly about making up a sandwich from your full English. I always do it, the bacon and eggs get whacked on whatever toast or bread comes with and it’s like a little extra breakfast. 

Crazy talk. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, It's Your Round said:

There is nothing worse than a hipster’s bollock stuck anywhere in or around your mouth. 

There is. Two hipster's bollocks. Or even two hipsters' bollocks. 

• Like 2

The Morrisons breakfast is making me smile knowing full well there's no butter on the toast because the little gold foil wrapped butter they provide is still around 2 hours away from being soft enough to spread

Would definitely eat and be happy with it, that's as close as you can get to the littlewoods / bhs style 5 item breakfasts I used to love as a kid, they weren't £6 though... That seems expensive for a supermarket breakfast, been away too long

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, El Zen said:

Well, yes, but my reply was a @Xela joke.

People clearly not as cultured as me. Beans are best served in a miniature watering can / bucket / teapot :) 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Morrisons cafe, quick and dirty. 

It’s far from my dream Full English and I can make far better but it’s pretty good alternative for £5.99. 

6.5/10 

Not bad, but beans taking up too much real estate.

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

The Morrisons breakfast is making me smile knowing full well there's no butter on the toast because the little gold foil wrapped butter they provide is still around 2 hours away from being soft enough to spread

Would definitely eat and be happy with it, that's as close as you can get to the littlewoods / bhs style 5 item breakfasts I used to love as a kid, they weren't £6 though... That seems expensive for a supermarket breakfast, been away too long

Do you not hover the butter over a cup of tea for a minute or so to make it all melty? 

Edited by Tayls

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

It seems they’ve done away with the little foil butter parcels now, this toast was pre-buttered. I know what you’re saying about the BHS style breakfast, it has got that feel to it. Though that might be due to the hordes of pensioners that were in there today. Since finishing my last job and waiting for my next to start, I’ve encountered a whole subculture of people that spend their days at retail parks mostly retired couples and new mums with their mums. They love a supermarket breakfast or a Costa lunch. 

6 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

How about this bad boy then:

Screenshot_20221207_185305.jpg

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Can you eat it by holding the bun and taking a bite? I very much doubt it

A victory of style over substance. It's just not practical

AND... And... it seems to be served on a piece of wood, which is especially dumb considering you are going to have to separate the elements in some way just to be able to take a bite.

How long before that delicious looking egg is all over your face and shirt?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, bickster said:

Can you eat it by holding the bun and taking a bite? I very much doubt it

A victory of style over substance. It's just not practical

AND... And... it seems to be served on a piece of wood, which is especially dumb considering you are going to have to separate the elements in some way just to be able to take a bite.

How long before that delicious looking egg is all over your face and shirt?

images (5).jpeg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

I had a similar feast (belly buster) delivered from Wrights today. However, the bap was probably treble that size and had two eggs and at least all of the contents and more. Its thickness was no more than 2 inches and somewhat welded down so no spillage or yolk volcanoes. A solid 8/10 and a lie down was needed for a hour or so after 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am totally making brinner a weekly thing. That was delicious and far too nice not to eat regularly, but no f***ing way I can have that much for breakfast anymore. 

• Like 2

Â